Price Schedules - Prices & Other help !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price Schedules - Prices & Other help !

Hi all - I'm doing a shopping site for one of my clients. quite a large one, 300 ish products, But giving the various 'finishes' we have it brings it upto about 1500 product variants in total. He's just asked me to put a global discount on everything sitewide for the 'grand' opening, and I've just realised I've entered 1500 prices in using static information. Firs tthings fir

Now for the problems - Is it possible for me to dynamically update the component Information - I have a component set up with prices per colour, and an attribute with colours. My problem is that with the colours - they all have different prices so I need to set it up so that we have dynamic labels - e.g
    DL280 - Lever Lock - <%PRICE%>

is this at all possible ?

I don't mind changing all my descriptions to include a dynamic field that can reference the price, but having to go through every price, take a percentage off and then wait a few months and put it back on.

I'm afraid I know no way of doing this.

If you were on v6 you could use the 'View | Discounts' feature to apply an opening discount to all customers.

With regards to putting a variable within the 'HTML for Name' field, I don't know of any way to do this. If I had to figure out a way, I would experiment with copying the 'ProductProperties' table from the ActinicCatalog.mdb database into Word. I would then convert the data into text and run some find/replace commands to edit the data and isolate the prices I entered into the 'HTML for Name' fields. I would then copy the prices into Excel and run a formula on them. Then I would somehow reverse-engineer all my prices back into a table column, and paste them back into Access.

Comment

Working...
    X