Class of service problem, DVDR tub reward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Class of service problem, DVDR tub reward

Bit of a stumper here, we will send a tub of dvdr to the person who can colve it for us. (Please check the discs on our webiste www.ukdvdr.co.uk to choose your discs)

We are very busy with mail order 400+ actinic orders per day, but have just opened a trade counter for collections.

We have several shipping options, royal mail recorded, special delivery, next day courier, Saturday courier etc.

We want customers to be able to place their order as normal, then in the shipping box, select 'I will collect my goods' we tried doing as a class of service with a value of 1 pence, however, in this ago of scroll mouses, we were getting countless people selecting this option in error, they were ordering from wales and scotland etc, then accidentally selecting 'I will collect my goods'.

This caused us hours of work in chaisng customers and having to take their card details again in order to be able to take the shipping payment.

We had no option but to remove the 'I will collect option' and seek an alternative solution.

What we would ideally like, is the normal shipping options to display in their usual way, + a check box underneath this drop down box (can even be below our T&C's if required) , the check box will simply say 'I will collect my goods from your warehouse'

We do not know how to write the html coding for this + also, if this has to be a new variable so that the shipping is charged at either 0 pence or 1 pence. We do not want the customer to be charged normal shipping cost if they are collecting their goods.

Free tub of dvdr to the person who can solve this.

Terry
    www.ukdvdr.co.uk
    sales@ukdvdr.co.uk
    Terry Ferrari

UKDVDR
    sales@ukdvdr.co.uk

But I'm still waiting for the ones you promised (http://community.actinic.com/showthr...&threadid=4924) on 27th December last.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

AM very sorry about that, I gave instuctions for them to be sent.

Will sent them myself monday Norman, many thanks for your coding, worked a treat

Terry
      Terry Ferrari

UKDVDR
      sales@ukdvdr.co.uk

Comment

I can't give you the checkbox, but I can maybe help out with having a shipping option that only appears to certain customers (i.e. not the ones in Wales or Scotland).

First of all, go to 'Advanced | Locations' and create some States/Provinces within 'United Kingdom'. Use the '+' to add new rows to the grid and call your states something like 'Wales', 'Scotland', 'UK (not local)' and 'UK (local)'.

Then in 'Business Settings | Shipping and Handling' edit your current shipping zone for the UK and add in ALL the states you have created within the UK. Then create a new zone called 'Local' and within it, just add in the 'UK (local)' state (and not the other states). Now right-click on this new zone and select 'Add Class | New Class' and create a class called 'Collect from Store'. You can just enter a single row within the shipping grid with cost of £0.00 - just make sure you set the excess to 'Take the highest value in the table'.

Online, this will mean that only the people who select the 'UK (local)' state will be offered the option of collecting it from the store.

The disadvantage of this is that 'UK (local)' will appear within the address fields against 'County' in the checkout and look at bit weird. I suggest you rename the prompts in 'Design | Text | Website (cont)' so that 'County' is changed to 'Area' and 'Address Line 3' is changed to 'County'.

Comment

Perfect, worked a treat. Many thanks for the advice.

If you wish to take up our offer of free tub of dvdr, please email me at sales@ukdvdr.co.uk with your address and your preferred brand.

Terry
          Terry Ferrari

UKDVDR
          sales@ukdvdr.co.uk

Comment

Sadly I don't possess a DVD writer (or a CD writer for that matter) but cheers for the offer.

Comment

Working...
            X