Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to reload catalog after Hard drive reformat

Hope someone can help,

After having loads of problems with adware, random system crashes etc. I decided to burn all my program files onto cdr and then reformat the hard drive. Computer now works fine, BUT ! I stupidly thought I could simply drag all my Actinic files from the cd copy I had made back on to the C: drive. How wrong I was. I have tried reloading catalog from the master cd, then running the 6.1.4 upgrade patch,then overwriting the site 1 file with my back up copy. Nothing seems to solve the problem. When I click the desktop "Actinic" shortcut icon, the program fails to launch and gives the error message

"Runtime error"

program c:\program file\actinic ecommerce\catalog.exe

abnormal program termination

If anyone has any help or advice it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Ian

Best to narrow it down a bit and do things in stages to see where things are going wrong.

I would uninstall Actinic and delete the entire Actinic folder structure.

Now reboot and install Actinic from scratch. Resiste the temptation to copy your Site1 in yet. Just use the Demo Site and see if that works.

If this version need upgarding then do the upgrade and again see if it works when using the demo site.

Now if you've got this far you have a working Actinic system of the correct version. So you know that it's not your PC or the Actinic Install.

Now is the time to rename Site1 (call it DemoSite1 - and Actinic will ignore it as it will only be looking for Site1) and copy in the old Site1 from your CD. Make sure all these files (and all files in sub-folders) have the Read Only attribute cleared. How you do this is dependent on the version of Windows you're using.

Now try running Actinic and see if that works.

If it fails then you can backtrack by renaming your Site1 to (e.g. MySite1), renaming DemoSite1 back to Site1 and seeing if Actinic is still happy with the demo site.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Norman,

Thanks very much, followed the sequence you suggested, and everything is now working perfectly. You have saved our cat from being kicked again. (only joking) and me from hair being torn out

Ian

Comment

Just in case it happens again. Make sure that the info in Housekeeping / Security is cut and pasted into a text file that you keep somewhere safe.

These are the keys needed to download waiting orders and are held in the system registry and not Site1.

Norman
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
        X