Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would like good inventory

Anyone know of a good inventory tool that works well with V5 catalog

I would like to run stock control within actinic that does not just consist of chnging the stock in hand everytime you want to ammend your stock level

I would also like to be able to run a comprehensive report that shows the sale and cost price

Can we add the cost price to a product that customers are not able to see

Thank you,

Lee Green.
    www.koivision.co.uk

You could add the cost price by introducing a new customvar into Actinic for it and then entering it for each product.

If you find a good external stock control system you could transfer stock levels to Actinic using a hierarchical import file - the reason I say to use hierarchical import rather than flat file is because you only need to know the product reference to set details where as you need to know the section details as well for flat file (I think).

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

I too, would like to attach the cost price to each product.

Ideally I'd like to use a customvar, and then have the value find it's way (somehow) into the "orderlines" table of actiniccatalog.mdb when the order is received (encoded if need be, so the customer never sees the real value, or can peek into the HTML).

I cannot find a way to do this. Any ideas anyone ?

nb - The above may sound like overkill, but our costs prices alter so often, it would be nice to be able to view the cost and retail prices on specific days.
      anthony@sfc
      Webmaster at Stuff for Computers
      www.stuff-for-computers.co.uk
      anthony@stuff-for-computers.co.uk

Comment

You may be able to use the 'Report Description' tab for this. Enable extended descriptions by selecting the 'Enable Extended Product Description for Customer Reports' box in 'Business Settings | Options'.

This gives you the 'Report Description' tab for your products that gives you an extra field that's uploaded to the store, included in the cart (albeit hidden) and then also in the downloaded order.

I think if you then un-select this box again, it will use the product names in the reports once more, but the extra 'report description' field should still be there.

Comment

Be careful if you use the report description because I think that this value might display on the reports even if you don't have it enabled so you might accidentally give your customers details of your cost prices.

[FX: checks]

Yup, if there is something in the report description then it will display on the packing list and invoice.

It would be great to have 5 or 6 user defined fields (some numbers, some strings) that could be named and filled by in Actinic for each product that were then carried over to the order details.

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks for your responses.

(note: I have Actinic Catalog v5.1.6, split across 2 machines)

I have been doing some experiments with your suggestions.
            The only time the "Report Description" text comes through with each order line, is when both machines have "Enable Extended Product Description for Customer Reports" checked.
            This text then appears on packing lists and invoices in small text under the "Short Description", and in orderlines.csv (exported table).

Ideally I would like to get rid of the "Report Description" text on packing lists and invoices. Is there a way to modify what appears on these reports ?

If not, I'll codify the cost price, and let it be displayed.
            anthony@sfc
            Webmaster at Stuff for Computers
            www.stuff-for-computers.co.uk
            anthony@stuff-for-computers.co.uk

Comment

It can be done, but you need a copy of 'crystal reports' to edit the reports.

For catalog V6 you need crystal reports V8.5, but I'm not sure what you need for V5. Check back through this forum and I'm sure you'll find the answer.

Mike
              -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
              X