Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ideas why my page is splitting?

Hi all,

I'm currently redesigning my site using a custom theme that I have built.

Everything is looking good so far (unfinnished but OK).

If you look at: http://www.rugbymemories.com/rugbymemories/acatalog/

The banner looks fine. However, when you add an item to the cart you will see that the banner gets split and the grey menu on the right shifts slightly.

I'm asuming this is because the cart template is perhaps wider than the catalog template that sits in the middle frame of my site.

Has anybody experienced this before - and does anybody know how to solve it?

Thanks in advance - Kevin Mullins
    KDM Digital Media - Actinic web design and hosting

cant see your site.
    generally, if you have tables where adjoining cells hold parts of an image, then the size of teh cells MUST be specified in pixels. also, any further cells and tables within the table must also be specified in such a way that the important cells dont blow apart.

I had a few similar problems doing exactly as you discuss, and changing the cell sizes worked.

let us know when you page is available to view, and I'm sure a few people here will take a look.
    Andy Warner

www.legendgames.co.uk - rpgs, boardgames, dice and other geeky stuff
    www.RPGMiniatures.com D&D and Star Wars Miniatures

Both running the Cart from Search Page hack

Also www.mainlymurder.co.uk www.thegamesplace.co.uk and www.thediceplace.co.uk

All running V8.5.2 Multisite on a windows 7 quad PC, augmented by Mole End automation, from a single shared database, using actinic specific hosting from Host-IT.

Comment

Hi - thanks for the reply.

I've sorted the issue now by changing the ACTSTDWIDTH Var down 5 pixels. Its seems the central cell of my table was allowing the catalog page to extend further.

The problem is solved now though thanks. The site can currently be seen at http://www.rugbymemories.com/rugbymemories/acatalog1/

while I am redeveloping it as I don't want previous users (site was live in a differeent incarnation for a year before) using it until its live again. I'd apreciate any comments on the design etc....?

Thanks again.

Kevin
      KDM Digital Media - Actinic web design and hosting

Comment

Working...
      X