Brochure fragments side by side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Chris, Norman.

I have been trying to get the fragment layout working, it works well using Chris's update for version 7. However I would like to implement the code Norman suggested for changing the number across the page from 4 cols to 2 cols. I have Numbercols set to 4 and that pretty much is all it will do. I can PM you the URL if that helps.

In the fragment BEFORE you want to change the column count add the text (anywhere the fragment text).

!!<<script language=JavaScript>newcols=3</script>>!!
    Best

J
    --------------------
    www.ProSite.co.uk

Comment

Hi Jez

I've never used this technique I'm afraid, so would be unable to advise on it.

I suggest asking a question at Norman's own support forums (accessible via www.drillpine.biz)

Comment

The most up-to-date version of the Multi Column Brochure patch is on www.drillpine.biz/actinicstuff

It's best to use patching instructions from a single source and not mix bits from the Forum, The Advanced Guide and Drillpine, as I may have changed variable names, code, etc.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks Norman and Chris

Jez
          --------------------
          www.ProSite.co.uk

Comment

Brochure Fragments in columns for version 7

Hi
            I am tearing my hair out with this one. Actinic sure is a steep learning curve. I would appreciate any help.

I am using version 7 (sorry if I am in the wrong place) and I also would like to lay out my brochure page in columns. I have tried to follow the discussion above. I understand how to edit the ActBrochure_Primary.html page but am a little confused as what to do with a fragment page. I have two questions:

1. Where in the fragment does the code go? This is the instruction "Then edit the code of your chosen fragment layout template and replace it with..:"

I cannot find the <BR> <BR> mentioned in some of the threads. My fragments start with:
            <tr> <td colspan="3" valign="top">

What do I edit and what do I replace?

For example, here is the code for Act_LeftImageAndTitle.html (what do you do with this code to get it into columns?):
            <!-- LeftImageAndTitle HTML begin -->

<tr>
            <td colspan="3" valign="top">

NETQUOTEVAR:FRAGMENTANCHOR
            <table border="0" width="100%" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="1">
            <tr>
            <td valign="top" align="left" width="30%">NETQUOTEVAR:BROCHURE_IMAGE</td>
            <td valign="top">
            <h3>NETQUOTEVAR:BROCHURE_TITLE</h3>
            NETQUOTEVAR:BROCHURE_TEXT</td>
            </tr>
            </table>

</td>
            </tr>

<!-- LeftImageAndTitle HTML end -->

2. My second question is whether you have to edit the code in all the fragment templates whether or not you are using them in your shop?

If so is there a list somewhere of all the fragment templates that I would have to alter?

I have tried to do this change of coding but have ended up with script errors and have to reinstate my site each time. It really is testing my patience this one but it would be great to get it working.

Many thanks to anyone who can help.

Comment

See post #33. Norman has provided a link to the most up to date code and instructions. You may need to undo your recent changes related to this and start over with a clean file to avoid problems caused by mixing different instruction/code sets.
              Bill
              www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
              Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
              BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
              Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
              VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
              Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

At one of the V7 versions, Actinic completely changed the way Brochure Fragment Templates work (to allow them to be used on Product pages). This means that my V6 patch on www.drillpine.biz/actinicstuff (that's all I've posted) won't work for V7.

To get this working will involve rewriting using some of the "V7 Products In Columns" code instead. A biggish job I'm afraid and one I probably won't get around to until commissioned to do so.

However it seems that Chris has done most of this in post #23 in this thread so that's the one to use for now.
                Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

I have it working in a v7 converted from v6 using the original code. However it is probably more v6 code that happens to work in a v7 site.
                  a bit of useless information for you.
                  Jenny
                  Hanson Web Design
                  www.hansonwebdesign.co.uk
                  jenny@hansonwebdesign.co.uk
                  Actinic hosting, Actinic Software, template design and re-design

Comment

Hi
                    I have looked at post 23 ( and the advanced guide) and they also say:

Then edit the code of your chosen fragment layout template and replace it with

Where does the code go? Do you replace all of the code in the fragment?

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Anne,

I would replace all of the code in the fragment and save it as LeftImageAndTitleMulti.html then select that as the layout for one fragment to see how it goes. If it does not work, just re-select the ordinary template and come back here with a screen capture of what happened.
                      Bill
                      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Thanks Bill
                        Will give it a go!

Comment

Hi
                          Struggled again (same script errors) but will persist.
                          Since time was against me I decided to put a table into the first fragment. I'm quite pleased with the way it turned out.

www.cpd4lawyers.com

Thanks once again.

Comment

Working...
                          X