Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

remote web design - howto?

hi all,

i have a business catalogue license installed onto two machines on the lan. the primary machine does all the order processing and mangement of stock. this primary pc is used by one full time order processor all day and i typically add new lines in the evenings and weekends via a snapshot i take home on my laptop (the seconday pc holding the second business license).

we now have the requirement with many new products available to add new lines on a daily basis. i therefore wish to connect my seconday buiness machine to the database on the primary machine to add and edit products within the catalogue in the daytime. i will *not* be order processing.

i know one can connect such pc's and ask if it possible to add and edit products and if so, how?

cheers,
    mark

I would put all the products in an Access Database or external spreadsheet and then use the 'External Linking' feature to update the live copy of Business with the latest changes.

It will automatically bring in any changes to the products when you upload the store. You will, however, need to get access to the Actinic machine to manually copy in any new products from the 'Unallocated External Products' area of Actinic into a live section before they will be visible.

Comment

Working...
    X