Custom search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom search

The print product I sell is only available for certain geographical locations e.g there is a print of Norwich but not Cambridge. I have a database of over 8000 locations and there associated OS grid location and need to able to let customers search for the location they want and list matches or nearest matches. They would then select what they want and go through to order.

My question is does this sound like something that would have to be coded up and put up on a separate site then I'd need to get the required location passed over to Actinic as an added field? Or is there some other way to do it?

Any responses appreciated...or examples of how it can be done.

Thanks.

The only thing that might be possible in Actinic, is that the search works by matching the first character of the search term, then the second, then the third and so on until the end.

If you could somehow get customers to enter the first part of the grid reference, and you had the full grid reference within the full description of the product, then Actinic could find products that are vaguely local. Just a thought.

Otherwise, you need to create a custom search tool that will triangulate co-ordinates based on the post-code of the customer and come up with a list of product references from that, which can be then linked into Actinic.

Alternatively, just have a series of custom pages that allow people to click on a region, that then takes to a page where they can click on a county, then onto a page where they can click on an area of a county. That could then link through to an Actinic section containing relevant prints.

Comment

Working...
    X