Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feedback on first design

Hi All,

First of all I'd like to thank everybody for their help in getting me on the right track (especially NormanRouxel and cdickens) - thanks a lot guys without you I couldn't have done it

I was wondering if you'd like you to check my first ecommerce site done using actinic and if I could give me some feedback for the forthcoming ones if you think things should be improved or done differently.

the url is www.dit-online.co.uk

Thanks in advance.

Leo

Great Site

Hi,

Good Looking site, But you need to change the returns policy on your terms and conditions page as you have left the actinic sample text and not put your own returns policy there instead.

Good look with your site

Comment

Nice Site

Hay thats a great looking site, you have done well and I hope its successful. I got a error when clicking on the featured products on the home page, there is a script file missing.

Could I just ask how you did the images on your site, I need to do this so the images look like they are floating on the background. How did you take the pictures and what did you adit them with?

Thanks

Nick

Comment

Very nice.

Taxes are still applied even after I select United States; shouldn't the US be in a Tax Free zone?

Good job.

Matt
        http://www.GloveWarehouse.com

Comment

thanks

Thanks guys for these kind words, very encouraging for the next one.

you need to change the returns policy on your terms and conditions page as you have left the actinic sample text and not put your own returns policy there instead
          will have a look at that thanks for the heads up.

got a error when clicking on the featured products on the home page, there is a script file missing.
          I had a pb with the site yesterday, everything seems to be back to normal.

Could I just ask how you did the images on your site, I need to do this so the images look like they are floating on the background. How did you take the pictures and what did you adit them with?
          The pict were provided as they are now. I am not quite sure what you mean by floating, but if it's the shadow effect, fireworks or photoshop have build in filter to display shadows.

Taxes are still applied even after I select United States; shouldn't the US be in a Tax Free zone?
          will have alook at it. thanks for the heads up.

Leo

Comment

Re: Feedback on design

Just had a gander at your site, its very nice, and the colours work really well with each other.

I think its far better than some of these sites i have seen which are in your face with BIG bold colours, its nice to have something diffferent.

But that just me. I know what i like.
            Mel Bagley
            Programmer
            mel@kc3.net

KC3 - Actinic GOLD reseller

Comment

nice site

only gripe for me would be the navigation being on the right instead of the left
              for some reason it just feels 'odd'

Comment

mel_bagley thanks - I'm in my pastel colours phase that's why I try not to use BIG colurs

Paul@Cite thanks - the navigation is on the right hand side for SEO purposes, and as there seems to be more and more sites laid out this way, it must be working

Leo

Comment

Hi Leo,

I like the site, nice clean white space. There's a few spelling mistakes, grammatical errors that I found when just browsing for a short time - apologies if you haven't had chance to proof read it yourself yet.

Regularily - regularly?

are a company - is a company/are a company. I prefer is, but I think it's personal choice

We will where endeavour - remove the where

to : enquiries
                  email:catalog
                  this is just discrepancy - the one below is set out differently

Edinburgh May 16th - maybe put an 'on' in there?
                  which is great - should be 'which is a great'.

Didn't check all of it, this is just what i noticed at first glance.

I do like the site a lot tho.

Gill

Comment

Working...
                  X