Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brochure pages

Hi,
    For my client I would like to create the homepage in Dreamweaver and then link that to his Actinic pages which is easy. The reason I want to do this and not have the Actinic homepage (brochure pages) is so I can continually update the homepage from my site and upload it to his server instead of going to his site and doing it on his PC.

My problem is that he has 3 pages before the catalog, the homepage, about us and location page. If I try to delete the homepage it asks me to delete the other two as well. Can you not have any brochure pages within Actinic if you don't use the homepage and will I need to create all the brochure pages outside of Actinic if I do so for the homepage?

Hope this makes sense!

Many thanks Deborah

You cannot delete the Home page but you could rename it so that it isn't index.html e.g. store.html.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi Norman,
      I did rename it but as I thought that doesn't actually do anything, all that does is make sure it doesn't conflict with the index.html page for the main catalogue.

You still get a 'home' button when you go into the Actinic site which points to www.anyname.com/acatalog/shop.html and not to www.anyname.com. I need to delete or hide this shop.html as my new external page will be replacing it and only want to see the about us.html and location.html pages with the catalog.

I don't think this is possible unless I delete the whole lot of the brochure pages?
      Thanks

Comment

You could use a customised template for that top level page that contains a META REFRESH to redirect to your real index.html.

Norman
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

You still get a 'home' button when you go into the Actinic site which points to www.anyname.com/acatalog/shop.html and not to www.anyname.com.
          Do you mean the 'Home' button on the store pages? You can edit this if you go to 'Design | Options | Miscellaneous' and edit the 'Home Page Link' settings.

With regards to getting rid of the home page in brochure...

Delete all the fragments within your current 'Home' brochure page and rename 'Home' to 'About Us'. It will still hae the little house icon but don't worry about that - it will still behave like a normal page.

Copy and paste all the fragments from your current 'About Us' page into your new 'About Us' page.

Delete the old 'About Us' page.

Ensure that 'use as website home page' is not selected for the new 'About Us' page.

This will give you three navigation links in your Actinic brochure pages - 'About Us', 'Location' and 'Products/Enter Shop'.

All you need to do now is open the overall layout template for your brochure pages (Act_BrochurePrimary.html) and manually add in a link to your Dreamweaver page just before NETQUOTEVAR:HEADERGUIDE.

Comment

HI Chris,
            That's great thanks, all working brilliantly now.

Comment

Working...
            X