X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Service Kits

Hi

I wonder if anyone can help me.

My company imports spare parts for, pumps and filters, from the far east. I have only recently purchased a licence for the Developer edition of Actinic 6 and I'm still trying to get to grips with it, before attempting to publish anything online.

In the catalog that I am trying to built I have a section called pumps. This section contains sections for the different pumps we sell and a section for spares. In the spares section I have a list of all the spares. Because most of the spares are common to the pumps – the list is not very long. We recommend the servicing of the pump at least once a year and because of this I would like to sell service kits. The service kits are several products bundled together at a slightly reduced price to the total of the individual product prices. Because of the commonality of the spares, different pumps use different quantities of the same spares. i.e.

A Service kit for "Pump A" would contain the following:-
    1 x Impeller (Size 1)
    1 x Sponge (Size A)
    1 x Sponge (Size B)
    1 x O Ring (10 mm)

A Service kit for "Pump B" would contain the following:-
    1 x Impeller (Size 1)
    3 x Sponge (Size B)
    1 x Sponge (Size C)
    3 x O Ring (10 mm)

A Service kit for "Pump C" would contain the following:-
    1 x Impeller (Size 2)
    2 x Sponge (Size A)
    3 x Sponge (Size B)
    1 x Sponge (Size C)
    2 x O Ring (10 mm)
    1 x O Ring (15 mm)

I do not want to make up service kits and keep them as stock items. I have tried to do this using components and attributes but I seem too just be going round in circles. Also I would like to use the stock control of actinic to track quantities of the individual spares. So when a customer purchases a service kit the individual stock quantities will be updated.

Is what I am trying to do possible in actinic?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Dennis

Hi Dennis

This is quite possible to to. Taking the example of 'Service Kit for Pump B' what you need to do is:

1) Create a new product in the 'Spares' section called 'Service Kit for Pump B'. Give it the correct price for the kit.

2) Right click on this product and select 'New Component'. Give it a name of 'Impeller (Size 1)'.

3) Use the 'Associated Product' drop-down to associate this component with the 'Impeller (Size 1)' product in your store. Set the 'Quantity' field to '1'.

4) Create a second component called 'Sponge (Size B)'.

5) Use the 'Associated Product' drop-down to associate it with the 'Sponge (Size B)' product in the store and set the 'Quantity' to '3'.

Hopefully this has given you a clue about the rest of the products. You should find the stock levels of the associated products decrease correctly when the kits are ordered.

Comment

Working...
    X