Worldpay Changes ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worldpay Changes ?

One of our clients has just recieved an email from Worldpay stating that the Worldpay payment system will be undergoing change over the next few weeks.

WorldPay are upgrading your payment system in April 2004. At this time we will migrate your installation detailed above over to the new payment system. However, before we upgrade your payment system you may have to make some important changes to your payment pages:
    If your site was built by a third party or you are using an off-the-shelf shopping cart, you may need to contact your web developer or software support team for help with any modifications.
    The above quotes are from the email recieved. Are there going to be any changes made within actinic to reflect these worldpay changes. The email doesnt go into any technical detail with regards to what needs to or may happen.

Any ideas ?

Hi Paul

I'm just getting this checked, but we work quite closely with Worldpay and have not heard such information. However i will find out for you, if this affects Actinic customers

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Many thanks for looking into this.

The email tends to suggest that the design of the payment pages are changing. It asks the worldpay customer (our client) to login to thier worldpay preview system in order to check that any changes they have made to the appearance of the payment pages, appear as desired with the previous system. It was bought to my attention primarily from the quote ... 'off-the-shelf shopping cart'.

As to whether the changes being made effect the way in which actinic links to worldpay im unsure of ... hence my inital post.

I look forward to your reply.

Comment

any update on this ??

Comment

Still waiting to hear back from them.

Having looked at the email they sent, it looks as though the changes are to do with

a) Allowing you to preview your changes made within Worldpay without putting the live

b) Support for 'Verified by Visa'.

The first one will be nothing to do with the Actinic interface. The second one will not require any more information from Actinic than we are giving it already.

My guess is there will be no change required to the WorldPay interface, but we need to hear from them to confirm this absolutely.

Comment

Hi Chris

Our clients have also been getting this upgrade warning email.

Do you know yet if it affects Actinic in any way?

regards

Sylvia

Comment

Curiously, it seems Worldpay customer services know as much about as much about this as you do. We have tried contacting them, but they have not been able to give any useful advice yet.

My suspicion is that it won't affect us at all - the previous upgrades haven't. The only difference with this one is that they have sent out a huge email about it.

Comment

Thanks Chris

I'll let you know if I get any more info!

Sylvia

Comment

Thanks as well

Comment

We have heard from Worldpay...
                    There is nothing that Actinic shops will need to do to use the V3 payment
                    pages. We will automatically redirect them when the time comes. Merchants
                    can view the appearance of the V3 pages ahead of this time, and change
                    them if they wish, using our preview server. The preview server can only
                    be used for checking the appearance of the page, not the integration into
                    the Actinic shop. But for our merchants this should be sufficient.

So that you can verify for yourselves that our v3 integration works you
                    can do the following ahead of the migration day:

1) ensure your test installation is flagged to use v3 payment pages -
                    if you send me the installation id you intend to use I can do this
                    for you.

2) upload the attached result files to your installation

3) configure your store to submit payment to:
                    https://select.worldpay.com/wcc/purchase

4) make a test payment

When we migrate all the Actinic stores we will do step 1 automatically
                    for all of them, will provide the result files centrally so all the
                    installations will see them, and will redirect
                    third-party.select.worldpay.com/actinic/catalog to the new url.

After this has happened, merchants can avoid the redirect if they
                    configure their store to go direct to the new url. I assume this is
                    something you can provide via a new plug-in. I believe there is a
                    meeting next week between Actinic and ourselves where this can be
                    discussed.

Regards,

Kathleen Clarke

Comment

Thanks for the head's up, everything should be ok then

Comment

I've read the stuff from Worldpay as saying if you have added your own customisations you will have to go in and re-apply them. Otherwise do nothing

Comment

Working...
                        X