Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Actinic buglet - Multi-line text in product short description breaks search highlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic buglet - Multi-line text in product short description breaks search highlight

It's another Actinic buglet.

Cause:

If you paste multi-line text into your Product Name field (in the Product Details screen) no error is given.

However when thepage is generated, and that product is displayed via search results, the search highlight generates a corrupt display on the product page due to <BR> appearing in the product image ALT tag.

Actinic has allowed you to paste multi-line text in (I think it shouldn't - or should replace the newlines with spaces).

Alternatively it should replace those <BR>'s in the ALT tag with spaces.

Effects:

When Actinic generates the product html the ALT="blah blah" bit of the IMG tag is generated like this ALT="blah<BR>blah". This looks lousy when you mouseover the image and breaks the search highlighting code.

Temorary Solution:

Make sure you only enter a single line of text into the Product Description Field.

or

Turn off search highlighting (View / Search Settings / Results).

or

remove ALT="NETQUOTEVAR:ALTERNATETEXT" from Act_ProductImage.html.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Thanks Norman

I will pass this onto the team.

By the way, that previous bug you mentioned will be fixed in the next major release, and in the next maintenance release of v6.

Comment

that previous bug you mentioned will be fixed in the next major release
      I hope they use my code - it's much cleaner than the existing stuff

Norman
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
      X