SMTP server problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SMTP server problem

I have just launched a website and no confirmation emails are being sent to the customer or other parties stated in the Business Settings additional email option. The website host requires authentication on their outgoing mail server and they are pretty certain that this is the reason as other Actinic customers have had the same problem. I am told that this cannot be changed. Can anyone tell me what to do with Actinic, if anything, to get around this.

Strangely enough I am getting the email that simply says " A new catalog order has been received at your web site since you last downloaded"

Mark

see (?) normans thread on this - he has a script to change the smtp emails to sendmail emails - do a search and it will show up here. (I think it was one of normans - appologies if Im wrong)
    Andy Warner

www.legendgames.co.uk - rpgs, boardgames, dice and other geeky stuff
    www.RPGMiniatures.com D&D and Star Wars Miniatures

Both running the Cart from Search Page hack

Also www.mainlymurder.co.uk www.thegamesplace.co.uk and www.thediceplace.co.uk

All running V8.5.2 Multisite on a windows 7 quad PC, augmented by Mole End automation, from a single shared database, using actinic specific hosting from Host-IT.

Comment

Re SMTP

I'm aware of Norman's script Andy, but rather than bypass the server altogether I wondered if perhaps the perl script that controls the sending of customer emails could be modified to include authentication. My host mail server does work but it is this authentication that is halting the relay.
      Mark

Comment

If there was an easy solution to the authentication issue then there'd be a few of us using it right now.

At the moment, the only real option is to use normans sendmail patch. It works well and doesn't use anything flaky. Sendmail is very widely used and is installed on most hosts already.

Mike
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

SMTP

In my search I came across a note from Norman that said Actinic does not support smtp authentication. So that concludes that issue. Mail:Mailer is a possible solution and I shall have to check with my hosting company to see if its installed.
          Many thanks for your concern Andy

Comment

Working...
          X