automated upload??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

automated upload??

Anyone use a script (or whatever) to do an automated upload of the catalog to the server, say every night at 1am or similar?
    just wondering how, as actinic does insist on giving me a box to click warning about missing images - cant we have that turned off please???

andyhow, back to the point in hand : anyone?
    Andy Warner

www.legendgames.co.uk - rpgs, boardgames, dice and other geeky stuff
    www.RPGMiniatures.com D&D and Star Wars Miniatures

Both running the Cart from Search Page hack

Also www.mainlymurder.co.uk www.thegamesplace.co.uk and www.thediceplace.co.uk

All running V8.5.2 Multisite on a windows 7 quad PC, augmented by Mole End automation, from a single shared database, using actinic specific hosting from Host-IT.

Andy

You could use your FTP software to do it if it has built in scheduling.

I use WS_FTP_Pro as my FTP s/w and that can crerate Windows scheduler tasks

I wouldn't trust this 100% though, and would need to check the logs each morning to make sure everything had happened.

Auto upload is susceptible to connection failures etc.

You can also set-up synchronisation scripts within WS_FTP, which I do use, and then fire them off as and when.

HTH
    Mike Booker
    M B Web Services
    mbws@mbwebs.co.uk
    +44 1932 340318

Comment

We sell a product to do this that ok's those boxes for you. See http://www.mole-end.biz/acatalog/One...utomation.html for more details and a free trial. If you like it you can choose to buy the whole package (which gives you all of the available modules for less that 1/2 price) or you can buy just the stock control mole part.

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
      X