Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change ordering to enquiry only

Hi,

I seem to remember that you could turn ordering into an enquiry function, taking the product details forward to the checkout which then became a simple form. I can't find out how to do it now though..

Any help appreciated,

Thanks,

kevin

You can de-select 'Show Prices' in 'Design | Options | Miscellaneous' as that will run the store without any concept of money changing hands.

The checkout will still be in multiple stages though, but you can ensure that shipping and tax are both set to 'Simple' and then disabled in 'Business Settings', and then change the labels in the stages of the checkout as required in 'Design | Text | Web Site (cont)' (e.g. you may want to rename 'Invoice Address' as just 'Address').

You may want to edit prompts elsewhere in 'Design | Text' to remove/change references to 'Shopping Cart' etc.

Comment

enquiries

Ok, thanks Chris. it doesn't work well, so I'll probably emed a link to the enquiries page in the products instead,

cheers,

kevin

Comment

Inserting HTML in Product description

HI,

What i would liek to do is simply add a link to our enquiries page from each product. I know how to do this by inserting HTML into the product description. However, there are about 1,000 products so doing it one a time is going to be too laborious.

Is there a way of doing this by amending a template?

Cheers,

Kevin

Comment

Enter the link into the Product Layout template (normally Act_ProductLine.html). Enter code like this:

<a href="http://your.URL/info.html">Click here for info</a>

Just underneath NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTDESCRIPTION

Comment

product link

Hi Chris,

I've tried that but ALL of the code appears it the product description...

<a href="http://www.sofawarehouse.co.uk/product_enquiry.htm">Click here to enquire about this product or phone 01925-232777</a>

Should I enclose it in comments or something?

Cheers,

kevin

Comment

Don't put it in the product description. Put it in the template.

Comment

I did!!

Comment

I'm sorry, I don't follow. You say you have placed the following code in the product layout template:
                  <a href="http://www.sofawarehouse.co.uk/product_enquiry.htm">Click here to enquire about this product or phone 01925-232777</a>
                  but yet you say it appears as text as part of the product description online.

That, to me, sounds like you are putting the code within the full description field in the application and not putting in embedded HTML marks (starting with !!< and ending with >!!).

I you could clarify what is happening, that would be great.

Comment

Hi Chris,

I put the code into the template as you suggested, not in the product description (honestly). Does it need to be embedded in the template? Or does it need to go within a NETQUOTEVAR statement?

cheers,

Kevin

Comment

You should not need to 'embed' the link into the template. I'm wondering if maybe you are putting it in with Dreamweaver, and Dreamweaver is encoding < and > as &amp;lt; and &amp;gt;.

Check out the attached template file.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X