X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disable Script

Hi
    I am thinking of putting a disable script into my site to discourage
    right click, what page should i put this on and does it matter where on the page i put it?

Thanks

Paul

Why do you want to discourage right click?

Comment

I assume to stop people viewing the source or copying images, but it's a waste of time as they an do this via the menu anyway.

mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Same question 3 days ago. Here's what I answered.

There are numerous ways to get images off your site without using right click so it may not be worth the trouble. E.g. Print Screen button, Screen Capture inside Paint Shop Pro, direct entry of the image URL then Save As, etc, etc.

Someone wanting you images will get them no matter what you try and anything you do may annoy normal users who often use right-click for other purposes.

If you expect piracy you could either add a visible watermark or an invisible one so you can go after the pirates via the law.

If you search the Forum for "right click images" you should find some nice big well-heated threads about this.

Norman
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

hanks Norman

I realise i can never stop this, however i wanted to add a simple right click message to say "pictures are electronicaly tagged, watermaked etc"

Thanks
          Paul

Comment

Working...
          X