Trying to look like ebay and getting quantities wrong still

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to look like ebay and getting quantities wrong still

hi, please would someone help, please check out this page http://www.peaksensors.com/cgi-bin/ca000001.pl
    and tell me why it wont let me add quantities and take them through to the shopping cart? when i add say a quantity of 7 in one of the product boxes it comes up with a message saying

"no products have been added to the shopping cart. please enter the quantity of each product being ordered before pressing the 'add to cart' button"

any help would be great im a tad bamboozled!

cheers
    Julie xxx

That URL doesn't lead anywhere useful. Can you give the URL of a product page and a note as to which product to try?

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

After a bit of guessing I tried http://www.peaksensors.com/acatalog/...ntrollers.html - Product BTC-404 On/off Temperature Controllers.

This generates an error because someone has commented out essential code in your Quantity entry fields.

The code in the page is

<INPUT TYPE=text NAME="<!-- Q_53 -->" SIZE="4" VALUE="1">

and those <!-- and --> just shouldn't be there.

you should have

<INPUT TYPE=text NAME="Q_53" SIZE="4" VALUE="1">

This is generated by NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTQUANTITY in your Product Templates. And then expanded by Design / Text. I don't know where but searching for <!-- should find it.

Norman

PS it's probably Phase -1 ID 2173.

Comment

Better link

Hi Norman, thanks for helping me, a link to the catalog is http://www.peaksensors.com/acatalog/ and the product page i was concerned about is under the products section in 'thermocouples' > Mineral Insulated Thermocouple > Type K

i have changed it now and set the parent settings back to the page, but i would still like to know how i can make the page look more like ebay where the product density is reduced as this is only a trial store and every product will have many more options and choices, thanks

julie

Comment

Your product MI Thermocouple Type K (in section http://www.peaksensors.com/acatalog/Type_K.html ) adds to cart OK but you've set the price to zero.

Norman

PS I see you've fixed the other error I pointed out.

Comment

Thanks Norman, i think i may be getting there

Julie

Comment

With regards to having compact products, have you seen this from the 'Designing with Actinic Developer' guide...

Enter the following code into a new Notepad file and save it as 'Act_ProductLineCompact.html'. It will lay out each product within a very compact individual row:
              Code:
              NETQUOTEVAR:ENDSEPARATOR 
              NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTFORMBEGIN
               <tr> 
                  <td colspan="3">
                    <table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
                      <tr> 
                        <td width="250">NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTNAME</td>
                        <td align="right" width="100">NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTPRICE</td>
                        <td align="right">NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTQUANTITY</td>
                        <td align="right">NETQUOTEVAR:ADDTOCARTBUTTON</td>
                      </tr>
                    </table>
                  </td>
                </tr>
              NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTFORMEND
              NETQUOTEVAR:NEXT
              There are a few changes you will need to make to other templates to get this to work well:

Act_ProductBody.html – Change cellpadding="10" to cellpadding="5" in the main product table.

Act_ProductPrice.html – Remove the <br> at the beginning of the code and insert a <br> just before NETQUOTEVAR:TAXMESSAGE.

Act_CartButton.html – Remove the <p> from the start of the template and the </p> from the end of the template.

Next, in 'Design | Text':

Go to (-1, 2173) and replace the first %s with <!-- %s -->. This will remove the 'Quantity' word from next to the quantity field.

Go to (-1, 219) and replace 'Including %s' with 'Inc. VAT'. This assumes you are showing tax inclusive pricing and your tax is called VAT.

You can now select this template for any section where you want the products to be laid out within a compact grid. It works best if the 'shopping mode' is set to 'Quantity on Product Page' (with or without a single add to cart button per page).

Comment

Working...
              X