Site wide price adjustment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site wide price adjustment

I have been using the demo software to see if I can get it to do something. Here is the problem... the proposed client would be importing product from Europe (the Euro would be the currency), my client orders the product as it is purchased by the buyer.

The person buying the item would need to see the correct price in Canadian dollars, I would use the optional currency to show the price in US dollars. I am aware I could put the price in Euro's and then convert to Canadian dollars, but this does not seem reasonable. I want to be able to modify the prices daily according to the exchange rate.

How can I update the entire sites price structure on a daily basis (as per the exchange rate)? There are over 2,000 items for sale! I cannot do it by hand.

The only way I can think of doing this is by entering the Euro price (but use the Canadian dollar selection) then creating a new Price schedule and multiply by the exchange rate??!!!

The next issue is how can I have this price schedule apply to the entire site as the default "Retail" rate cannot be changed. I need this to apply to anyone who views the site, not just loged in members.

Hope this made sense! Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Kick'n it back to the top... the question was either to stupid or too difficult... humour me with your suggestions.

Comment

I realize I am the only one answering my own thread, but I found the answer...

1) Use Microsoft Access to open the file actinic.catalog.wmb in your folder "site1"

2) Select "product" from the items listed and open this portion of the database

3) Move the cursor to the right until you find the column under "price"

4) Select the column "prince" and copy the contents

5) Paste the contents into a Excel database. I have one I made that can modifiy the entire column by percentage to adjust to the Euro rate each morning.

6) After you make you modification, copy the column and paste it back into the database.

Congrats... I can now modify all of my prices online without having to make any effort.

Hope this helps... if anyone wants a copy of the excel program to make the change, please let me know.

Comment

Working...
      X