External Links [2] - Building Affiliate Sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

External Links [2] - Building Affiliate Sites

Following discussions here regarding external links and AllAffiliatePro software I wondered if it is possible to create an external link to Actinic which will go direct to the checkout page with the chosen product pre-selected.

AllAffiliatePro will read and action calls to Actinic Scripts and I can see how it might be possible to go direct to the checkout using http://YOUR_URL/cgi-bin/os000004.pl?ACTION=Start but have no idea how to create a preloaded 'shopping cart'

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.
    Tony

Mandrake Press Ltd.
    Actinic user since 1998

Hi Tony

Please check the following knowledgebase article

This is the only way you can do it at present

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi thanks for that but . . .

1. It does not go to the check out page. Your suggestion merely records the product and quantity into shopping cart.

Is there a way to do this and go straight to the check out page?

2. The method is not dynamic i.e. if we were to change the website the SID value would change and all Affiliate links to the product would be 'dead'

Using http://your.URL/cgi-bin/ss00000x.pl?...2345&NOLOGIN=1 is a dynamic link which would take you direct to the specified product (where ever it is on the site) . . . is there no other way to pre-load the cart using a dynamic solution?
      Tony

Mandrake Press Ltd.
      Actinic user since 1998

Comment

Hi there

I'm afraid this is not possible, talking clients straight to the checkout

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

and what about a dynamic link rather than static?
          Tony

Mandrake Press Ltd.
          Actinic user since 1998

Comment

Hi there

is there no other way to pre-load the cart using a dynamic solution?
            Again it is not possible to do a dynamic link within the actinic software.

Kind Regards
            Nadeem Rasool
            SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
            X