Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crystal unclear

Hi

I want to add a couple of fields to each product line on the printed invoice - Actinic product reference (might be autogenerated or specified, not sure yet) and Section name.

The client sends the printed invoices to his warehouse people, who pick and then place the invoice in the packaging, and they can't tell the difference between one product and another without this info!

I have seen posts about Crystal Reports, but can't find a free trial link (not buying for this one small job). Does anybody have a link? Or an alternative?

Cheers, Dan
    adaptive-image.co.uk

I haven't used this, but I did find a product called crystal ease which allows you to view and modify reports.

See http://www.surfinggeckosoftware.com/products.htm

They have the full product on a 30 day trial. If you try it and it works then do let us know.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

That looks more like a viewer than an editor to me, you can change the selection criteria but I couldn't see a reference to editing the report, I'd be interested to know whether it could edit though.

In answer to the original question, crystal report no longer offer a 30 day trial, they used to have one for V9, they did offer a 30 day money back guarentee for a while instead but I don't know if that is still happening. However they are now on V10 and Actinic is still on V8.5 so the money back guarentee wouldn't be much use unless it has been extended to V8.5.

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

OK. To see if this works I downloaded a copy (only 41MB ) and it can open up the invoices report and shows report selections etc.

The only thing I can't seem to do at the moment is change anything. (even though it says it can and I can on the example files it comes with).

Do I need a password to be able to change the reports? It asks me for an admin password, but after 13 tries it gives up and opens the file anyway.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

I've been speaking to Dan via email today and we have come up with a workaround that doesn't need any report changes.

I would love to know if you get that working though. I'm glad I didn't download it mind you - I only have IDSN here (and at best the same in my new house - I never learn do I) so it probably would have taken me all day

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
          X