Separate maintenance from order processing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Separate maintenance from order processing

My site has hundreds of pics. Not all are filed under Site 1 - they are located in different files all over my hard drive. If I set up another computer to download orders, it will not have access to all the pics that the website carries. If it is enabled to only do order processing and nothing else, will this matter?

Hi Doug

If you set up the seperate computer with Actinic, then import the snapshot (File | Snapshot | Export site) from your existing site this will take across all your site info, including the network settings - you may find that you will get an error message about the missing images not being included in the import, this is fine - and you will be able to complete the import.

Once that is done, it wont matter that the images are not on the downloading machine, as it will only be used for order processing, so you will be able to download orders on that machine.

You can set it so that the downloading machine is only used for Order processing, by going to View | Business settings, then just have Order Processing checked.

Hope that helps

Comment

Thanks James, that answers my question exactly.

Comment

Working...
      X