Can not download orders! HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can not download orders! HELP!

We are having problems with orders on actinic. This keeps coming up when trying to download/ retrieving orders
    The server scripts are incompatible with this version of actinic. Refresh the web site. If this error persists, copy the perl scripts from the original subdirectory and try again. Server version = 5 CBMA. Client version = 5 CFJA
    Basnett

You'll have to tell us a little more.

E.g:-

Did you Refresh as suggested above? If so what hapened then?

Have you recently upgraded or re-installed Actinic?

Do you run 1 system for uploading products and another for downloading orders?

Did you do anything else recently that might have changed your site?

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Yes I refreshed as suggested and got the same message again when I tried to download the orders.

We have only just gone on live with the actinic site.

It is the same system for uploading products and downloading orders.
      We are on a shared server and I am unsure if we need to put the site on its own host ????
      We had the site designed for us originally but we put all the product on and have done most of the designing but we are rewally floundering now.
      Thanks for any help you can give us.
      our web site is www.respectsport.com
      The customer side is working fine, we just need to tune things up.
      Basnett

Comment

OK. You may need Actinics help for this.

To help them out I queried your server and it appears to be running Version 5.1.3.0.0.33 CFJA.

Can you do Help / About in your PC's Actinic and report the version there?

Also your CGI-ID number is 012894. This is an unusually high number (1,2,3 etc is normal).

Norman

Comment

I am unsure what you mean by CGI-ID number is 012894.
          This is an unusually high number (1,2,3 etc is normal).

Where can I find this information to check.

I have asked for actinic technical support as you suggested. Do you know if there is another way I can retrieve orders in the mean time, eg, by email etc.
          Thanks
          Yvonne.
          Basnett

Comment

Re: I am unsure what you mean by CGI-ID number is 012894.

Don't worry too much about that. It's not wrong - just unusual.

However it will help to run Actinic, do Help / About and post the version number reported.

Norman

Comment

Good morning, we are still trying!!

Version found in actinic help, about
              5.1.3.0.0.33.CFJA

Thanks

Yvonne
              Basnett

Comment

You may be best waiting for Actinic to help. However it looks like you somehow have Perl scripts on the Server that don't match the version of Actinic you are using.

The usual fix for this is:-

First copy your entire Site1 folder somewhere safe just in case...

Then look in C:\Program Files\Actinic ecommerce v5\Original and copy all files ending in .pm and .pl into your Site1 folder, overwriting the files that are already there.

Now Refresh the site and see if that fixes it.

Norman

PS if you're used to using the command propmpt you cold try comparing the Original files mentioned with their counterparts in Site1.

Comment

I received a reply from actinic:

> If this error persists, copy the perl scripts
                  > from the original subdirectory and try again.
                  > Server version = 5 CBMA. Client version
                  > = 5 CFJA
                  The scripts on the site are v5.1.1, the software you have is v5.1.3.

Please open 'Windows Explorer' and browse to the 'Site1' directory ('Actinic
                  ecommerce v5\Sites\Site1'), locate all of the files that end with the
                  extension .pl and with the extension .pm (around 32 files) and delete them,
                  then browse to
                  the 'ShipControl' directory below 'Site1' and delete the file
                  'ShippingTemplate.pl', once that is done move into the directory below
                  'ShipControl' called 'Output' and delete the file 'ActinicShipping.fil'.

Once this has been completed, move to the directory called 'Original'
                  ('Actinic ecommerce v5\Original'), and from that directory copy all of the
                  files that end with the extension .pl and with the extension .pm (around 18
                  files), into the 'Site1' directory.
                  You will also find that below the directory called 'Original' there is also
                  a directory called 'ShipControl', from this directory copy the file
                  'ShippingTemplate.pl' into the directory called 'ShipControl' below the
                  'Site1' directory.

When you have done this, open Catalog (if it is not already open) and run
                  the command 'Web | Refresh Website' to re-build the onsite files

Regards,
                  G.W.Green
                  Actinic Software Support.

I did all this and now I have just managed to download an order.

Thanks Norman for your support! Its awfull feeling stuck with something you don't know about.

Im impressed with Actinic technical support also.
                  Thanks again!
                  Basnett

Comment

Working...
                  X