Product Dropdowns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product Dropdowns

I have a lot of products on my site with many sizes and colours variants.

Each size and colour has a distinct part number. Which matches are warehouse fulfilment systems. I can create a drop down using an attribute but I cannot link this to a product. And if I use a component to create a dropdown the dummy product is included in the order. Which will freeze are warehouse system.

Also customers would need to change the quantity required of the component product, using the component you can only change the quantity of the dummy product not the component product selected.

In the help on components there is a tick box to only add the component products to the order. This tick box is not shown on my component form!

Has any one else has the same problem?

Any help would be great

Barney
    Attached Files

Which Backoffice system are you using?

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi Norman

The back office is a bespoke system running on a MS SQL Server so I will have to export the files and re import them. But his is a separate issue.

Customers need to select a given quantity of an item from a dropdown. The add only the component product to the basket option has gone! It was there when I started developing the site but is no longer present.

If this is selected will this enable the customers to give a quantity for the given product in the conformation page?

Barney

Comment

The back office is a bespoke system...
        I was asking because your part numbers looked like Top to Toe EPOS ones and I have a system that automatically builds the Actinic site from T2T data. Never mind.
        Also customers would need to change the quantity required of the component product, using the component you can only change the quantity of the dummy product not the component product selected.
        Component quantities are tied to the main product quantity. There may be a way to suppress the main product info but that's not my area.

Let's hope someone else is listening.

Norman
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks Noman

Comment

Sorry Norman for the Noman

Comment

The add only the component product to the basket option has gone! It was there when I started developing the site but is no longer present.
              Hmm - I wonder what it is you saw. There certainly is no option within Actinic to just add the component to the shopping cart, and not the (dummy) product.

What you can do is

1) Select the 'Component as Separate Order Line' box in the component

2) Ensure the dummy product pricing model is set to 'Sum of Component Prices'.

3) Select the 'No Order Line For Main Product' checkbox that appears.

Online, when customers add the product to the shopping cart, only the component will appear in the shopping cart. The main product will not appear at all.

If you also select the 'Name From Associated Product' checkbox in the rows in the 'Permutations' grid, then the name of the hidden product will be used.

This looks good only, but sadly the dummy product will still appear in the downloaded order, and therefore appear in the export. The product reference number of the hidden product will be transferred to the warehouse system, but the reference number of the dummy product will as well.

Can you somehow program your warehouse system to ignore all order lines where the 'No Orderline For Main Product' field has a value of '1'.

Comment

Thanks Chris

I have a problem as the 'Component as Separate Order Line' is missing on the component.

any ideas?

please see attachment on this post and next
                Attached Files

Comment

next image
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi Chris

When I switch to a month old version of the site 'Component as Separate Order Line' box is present: mad: I cannot see any differences in the settings of the two versions any ideas.

Barney

Comment

Not that mad.

Check the 'Pricing Model' field of the product (within the 'Components' tab) is not set to 'Product Price'.

Comment

Working...
                      X