Using same licence key

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using same licence key

I have licence key for Actinic Business and for catalog. Business was installed first, and catalog is my second site.

Full of It Awards is running via business and I am trying to transfer it to catalog so I can develop my new site using business. I have been uploading fullofit successfully from catalog to a test server, but when updating the snapshot today and trying to overwrite orders (first time i have done this) I received an error and Actinic stopped responding. I now cannot get into actinic at all because it thinks I am running 2 sites using the licence key. I am not sure whether this is caused by the error I encountered or because I am transferring the orders over and this causes a licence key problem? How can I get out of this and access my software again?

If I need to deinstall and install again, it is possible to install catalog first then business as the second site? If so, can you tell me how to do this.

Many thanks

I don't know how you'd downgrade a site within Actinic, but you can have multiple versions (i.e. catalog/busness) on the same PC.

When you add a new site it will ask you for the licence key and each key creates a new instance of the right version.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

I tried this some time ago, and in the end used cut and past to transfer from business to catalog, depending on what functions you have used you will have to play around with them (price discounts on quantity etc)
      Chris Ashdown

Comment

but I cannot open Actinic at all because of the error I am getting.

Comment

I received an error and Actinic stopped responding.
          Unfortunately, you haven't posted exactly what error message you got. Have you tried searching the Forum or Knowledge Base for that error?

Norman
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

I cannot find anything in the knowledge base. The error I am getting is :

You appear to be using the same software key for 2 separate e-commerce sites which is a violation of the software licence agreement.

Comment

Looks like you'll need to fiddle with the Registry to fix this. I'd wait for some official advice from Actinic on this one.

Norman
              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

You can sort this out by going into the registry (but please be really careful!).

Go to 'Start | Run' in Windows, type 'regedit' and click 'OK'.

Use the folders at the side to navigate to

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Actinic\Catalog6\Sites

Within this you will see two folders - one for each site. For the purposes of illustration, I'll refer to your current Business one as 'Site1' and your current Catalog one as 'Site2'.

Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Actinic\Catalog6\Sites\Site1

Double-click on the 'RegVersionII' thing on the right-hand side. Change the value of this to your Actinic Catalog key.

Now go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Actinic\Catalog6\Sites\Site1\Catalog

Double-click on the 'AuthorizationKey' thing on the right-hand side. Change the value of this to your Actinic Catalog key.

Next, go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Actinic\Catalog6\Sites\Site2

Double-click on the 'RegVersionII' thing on the right-hand side. Change the value of this to your Actinic Business key.

Now go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Actinic\Catalog6\Sites\Site2\Catalog

Double-click on the 'AuthorizationKey' thing on the right-hand side. Change the value of this to your Actinic Business key.

Next time you start Actinic you should be up and running.

Comment

Lost authorization Key

Hello, i am ray.
                  a few days ago i lost my actinic 7.0.1 authorization key and i could not find
                  it. So would anyone be kind and please send me a copy of the key to
                  usaccess608@hotmail.com
                  thank you

Comment

Ray, please contact Actinic Sales on 0845 129 4800 and they will find your key and send it to you.

(And could people not send Ray their license key - thanks.)

Comment

Working...
                    X