Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

create a forum

Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to have a forum on my site, where the customers can post messages etc.. If yes, which scripting language can I use?

- Cookie

scripting language depends on the services that your webhost offers

Comment

If your host offers mySQL (database) and PHP (scripting language) then you could investigate phpbb - a freeware Forum very similar to the one you're looking at now - see http://www.phpbb.com/

Norman
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

forum again

I'm currently running my site on the trial-hosting at actinic, so which scripting language can I use. And how do I implement the forum: Where do I put it (i want it as a new brochure page).

Cheers mate!

Comment

I personally wouldn't bother to implement it into trial hosting space. It takes a while to install forums and set them up etc, you'll only have to repeat the process in your new space

But if you are going ahead then I'm pretty sure Actinic's webservers will take PHP but i don't know it PHP is installed in the space by default, or what info you will need to set up mysql

Comment

You are not going to be able to set up PHP on Actinic's trial server as you do not have FTP access to the server.

You will need to wait until you have purchased your own web space.

Comment

one more thing....

Hi,

thanks for the help! Just one more thing...

Where do I put the scripts i make into the brochure page? I've only seen where I can include self- made html-pages by selecting my html-page in the layout of the fragment-ithem...

Thank you again.

Comment

Where do I put the scripts i make into the brochure page? I've only seen where I can include self- made html-pages by selecting my html-page in the layout of the fragment-ithem...
                You need to add any <script> tags into the overall layout template for your brochure pages. This us usually called Act_BrochurePrimary.html and can be accessed by going to 'Design | Options | Brochure' and clicking 'Edit' next to the 'Overall Layout' field. Place it within the <head></head> tags.

Comment

Working...
                X