X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

checkout page image frustration

Hello everyone!
    This is my first Actinic catalog.
    I dont seem to be able to get the images on the checkout page to load. My client is using shared ssl with Open Hosting. Someone in the actinic knowledge base had a similar problem and was told to get a url in the ssl for acatalog directory. So...I have created a acatlog directory in the ssl server and pointed to it in advanced network setup and uploaded, but this doesnt seem to have done it!
    I'm obviously pointing something in the wrong direction somewhere- anyone got a map??!!!!

my standard network settings are

catalog url
    http://www.thenailwarehouse.net/acatalog/
    cgi-bin url
    http://www.thenailwarehouse.net/cgi-bin/
    codebase
    ./
    path from cgi-bin to catalog diectory
    ./acatalog/
    path to cgi-bin
    /wwwroot/cgi-bin/

SSL network settings are

catalog url
    https://secure3.secure-server-space....-net/acatalog/
    cgi-bin url
    https://secure3.secure-server-space....e-net/cgi-bin/
    codebase
    ./
    ../wwwroot/acatalog/
    path to cgi-bin
    /wwwroot/cgi-bin/

thanks in advance

Located - Sunny Kent
    A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

../wwwroot/acatalog/
    In your SSL settings, this path needs to describe the journey from your secure 'cgi-bin' directory to your normal (standard) 'acatalog' directory, as this is where all your images etc. are stored.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Thanks for that - I thought it was a secure URL to the acatalog on the standard server I needed- I will try that.

I now have another complication I'm getting error 505 bad gateway when I try tp upload. I've looked through the forum and found people with similar problem and it could be permision settings (which I cant change because the hosting company use windows servers) The catalog uploaded with no problem yesterday so I am wondering I either I have inadvertantly changed/ corrupted a file or path in advanced network settings whilst trying to sort the images problem. Could it be something I have done that has caused the 505 error??

I am waiting to hear from the hosting company to find out if they have changed anything or can help resolve my problems.
      Located - Sunny Kent

Comment

My error 505 problem has now been resolved thanks.
        I changed this setting for ssl from

../wwwroot/acatalog/

to

../SSL/acatalog/

but it didnt seem to work
        Located - Sunny Kent

Comment

Just to confuse everything it was a 502 error i had not a 505!!
          Located - Sunny Kent

Comment

Your normal (non-SSL) 'Path from CGI-BIN to Catalog Directory' is

./acatalog/

It probably has to be this because your server executes Perl scripts as if they are in the root of your server (unless, of course, it has created an 'acatalog' folder within the non-secure cgi-bin - this would be a bad thing).

Try using this path for the 'Path from CGI-BIN to Catalog Directory' in your 'SSL URLs' tab.

Comment

Thanks Charles I will try changing the setting.
              I've got a problem with updating at the moment (support are looking at it for me) hopefully this will be resolved soon then I will make the change.
              Located - Sunny Kent

Comment

Working...
              X