New website with exsisting actinic templates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New website with exsisting actinic templates

I am soon to start work on a new site design for a client who already has an existing actinic site that works perfectely with credit cards etc and has an exsiting client base.

All I am doing is redesigning the site and the structure of his catalogue (adding and removing items and changing existing catalogue pictures), I am not touching the "back office" section of actinic.

What is the best way to implement my work when it is finished without disturbing the rest of the actinic application?.

Regards
    Peter

Your client needs to send you a snapshot of his site, which you will work on.

When ready, export a snapshot from your application and import it into his. When you see the checkbox that says "Overwrite All Orders In Target Installation" - make sure you DO NOT tick this.

That way, your client will import all your changes to the front end, without affecting his order history.

Comment

Cheers chris, thanks for your reply.

Comment

Does a refresh over write stock levels

Like peterB, I have been asked to redesign and existing and live site.

I have made my design changes over the last couple of weeks, during which there have been sales and stock level changes.

Orders are handled from another PC, other than mine.

If I refresh the site from my PC, will I overwrite the stocklevels?

What is the recommended approach?

Your help gratefully received.

Colin

Comment

You can simply copy the clients ActinicCatalog.mdb file into your version then do the snapshot.

I would also make sure that I had a good 404 error page as filenames might have changed along the way
          Last edited by garyhay; 14-Jul-2004, 01:48 PM. Reason: Additional Info
          Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Working...
          X