Maximum number of items on an order?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maximum number of items on an order?

Is there a maximum number of items on an that Actinic can handle? I am running into customers with large orders (> 150 line items) that are encountering problems. I'm told that their cart is suddenly wiped out, or that they can't display the cart, they can't checkout (the page won't display). This seems to happen only on the large orders.

Pat
    -------

Pat

It all depends on how much memory the web server has got allocated to the Perl processes. 16MB of memory is normally good for up to about 50 items in the shopping cart. For much larger carts, you may need up to 32MB.

Check with your web host as to how much memory has been allocated to the Perl scripts.

Comment

Chris - long time no speak... perhaps you might tell me how I'd check to see how much memory is allocated to the perl process.

I've seen CGI processes on our servers in the 100Mb plus range - but on *nix we don't tell the process how big it can get - doesn't it malloc until it has what it needs, or runs out of RAM?

regards

Greg
      Web Design & Ecommerce - Affordable Web Hosting
      Free and low cost Merchant Accounts coming soon..
      NOD32 Antivirus - Reciprocal Links for Actinic Sites ONLY

Comment

Greg

Nice to see you about again. I'm afraid to say that I do not know how you check the memory allocation on a server. Perhaps someone else out here knows.

Comment

in the mean time I'm having the client switch the scripts to a v5.8.0 perl installation that's available on the same server - hopefully that will fix the problem.
          Web Design & Ecommerce - Affordable Web Hosting
          Free and low cost Merchant Accounts coming soon..
          NOD32 Antivirus - Reciprocal Links for Actinic Sites ONLY

Comment

Working...
          X