Shipping help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping help needed

I have a problem - couldnt find it else where on forum, sorry if im repeating.

I sell coffee. you buy it. oh go on!!!

UK MAINLAND SHIPPING IS AS FOLLOWS:
    if total cost if less than £50 you pay £5 shipping (next day before 5pm)
    if total cost is more than £50 you pay £0 (next day before 5pm)
    You want it before 12 noon you pay £10 regardless of order amount.

Now - i want to sell smaller sample packs (250g) which i could send via royal-mail for (eg) £3. To send by my Courier would cost £5.00, so i would rather send Royal Mail!!!

BUT - i want only the sample bags sent by royal-mail - the weight can vary with sample too...
    Everything else to be shipped by APC. is this possible??? thought about using the weight - but i sell tea which is quite light too......so i didnt think it would work.

I'm having one of those days - cant think, so if someone else can think for me - it would be appreciated.

Also, if anyone is interested in coffee/tea supplies i was thinking of having an additional discount strictly for Actinic forum ppl like us!!! let me know if anyone is interested!

if any further info needed. just ask.
    Thanks,
    garryb

If a customer orders two small bags would the shipping cost change to £5 shipping (next day before 5pm)?
    Regards,

Toby Blanchard

Comment

ermm..... no..
      Maybe; at 5 small bags i would change it to the standard £5 shiping....... but any less i would like to royalmail it.....

another option would be to just send them using the £5 shipping - they would get next day delivery whereas royal mail would take.......well however long it takes them to deliver now!! i just thought that it would be slightly too expensive considering the small bags cost only a coupe of quid each.

thanks for the reply.
      garry

Comment

I think you could do this by using weight as a proxy for the cost.

i.e. set the weight of each product to be the same as the price (say 6.95Kg for a £6.95 product) and then create a table so that weight less than 50kg costs £5 to ship, more than 50Kg is free.

You could then set a weight of 0.25 kg for the sample bags and have a starting value in your shipping table of say £3 for a total weight of up to 1Kg.

You'd have to change the weight when you change your prices, but if you don't have thousands of products it shouldn't be too bad.

Mike
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Or if you have loads of products you could try the following:

Under your shipping bands delete the existing classes under your UK zone.
          Right click on UK and select add class | new class. Call it something like “Before 12 noon”
          Add another class and call it something like “Next day before 5pm”
          Add one more class and call it something like “Royal Mail”

Enter the following grid:

Royal Mail:

.99kg - £3

Next day before 5pm

1kg - £5
          100kg - £5

Before 12 noon

1kg - £12
          100kg - £12

Set a Default Weight to 1kg and enter a free over value of £50. Set the excess on all classes to Don’t allow excess.

You will now need to enter a weight of .2kg for all your small bags.

This set up should hopefully charge £3 for the bags until 5 are purchased. Then the shipping will change to £5. The customer will be able to select if they want it by 12 noon later in the checkout stages

I think that’s everything. Let me know how you get on.
          Regards,

Toby Blanchard

Comment

thanks for the replys guys.............

regards,
            garry

Comment

Working...
            X