Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

copy site to another computer

Hi everyone,

I am going away and want to work on my site on my laptop. I have Actinic 6.1.2.1 already installed on my laptop.

To transfer the site to my laptop, is this the procedure:

Export the site. Copy site to a removeable disc, say a zip disk, and then import the site on to the laptop

Or do I have to copy the entire Site 1 folder onto my laptop?

Or both?

Or something different?

Thanks,
    Bonnie
    www.bonnies-gift-shop.com
    Unique Gifts & Home Decor
    Retail/Wholesale/Drop Shipping
    www.bonniesgifts.com
    Gift Baskets Gift Ideas Unique Gifts
    Retail/Drop Shipping

Correct, all you have to do is export & import. I have been working on a site from work and from home for a month now, and the process functions very well. From Actinic Catalog, click on File-Snaphot-Export to export an *.acd file. Get that file to the other computer, run Actinic and click on File-Snaphot-Import. It will import the network settings and everything else. I assume it works the same way for Business as well.
    Hope that helps,
    Jim

Comment

Re: copy site to another computer

Originally posted by ocbon
      Hi everyone,

I am going away and want to work on my site on my laptop. I have Actinic 6.1.2.1 already installed on my laptop.

To transfer the site to my laptop, is this the procedure:

Export the site. Copy site to a removeable disc, say a zip disk, and then import the site on to the laptop

Or do I have to copy the entire Site 1 folder onto my laptop?

Or both?

Or something different?

Thanks,
      Bonnie
      Hi Norio and everyone,

I think I should have worded my post differently. I know I saw detailed information on this but cannot locate it anywhere now, and apologize for this.

My site is live and accepting orders. I will need to copy my site to my laptop, including orders, to add more products to it while I am away, then when I return, I will need to copy the site again back to my desktop computer, including orders.

How do I do this, keeping the orders and order numbers synchronized; customer accounts; everything!

Someone, please help. I will be leaving on Tuesday, March 23rd, and have to get this done before then.

Thanks a bunch,
      Bonnie
      www.bonniesgifts.com
      Retail/Drop Shipping

Comment

Just do as Norio describes. The snapshot contains everything - orders, customer accounts and products.

On your PC go to 'File | Snapshot | Export Site' and export the *.acd file. Then copy this onto a zip disk and import it onto your laptop with 'File | Snapshot | Import Site'. Then go to 'Web | Refresh Website' on your laptop. The site will then be running from your laptop and you will be able to take orders and everything.

When you are ready to switch back to your previous PC, just repeat the procedure but in reverse.

Comment

copy site to another computer

Hi Chris,

Thanks. when I wrote the first post and then read the reply from Norio, it dawned on me about the orders and customer accounts.
          I thought maybe I had to do something else. The first email sounded like I was just working on my site and it was not live.

Bonnie
          www.bonniesgifts.com
          Retail/Drop Shipping

Comment

Working...
          X