Multiple quantity boxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple quantity boxes

I seem to be getting a quantity box on the product page, which I requested in the Shop defaults, also specifying use parent for the particular section.

But I am also getting an editable quantity box in the shopping cart, something I haven't requested - and don't want.

My understanding (but hey, what do I know!) was that if I requested quantity on the product page then I would not need to see the shopping cart following and "add to cart" action - I have set the bounce delay to zero.

Any comments or hints greatfully received.

But I am also getting an editable quantity box in the shopping cart, something I haven't requested - and don't want.
    But your customers might. This is normal behaviour and is provided so they can change their minds about the quantity ordered.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Norman,

Thanks for that, I can see that being able to alter quantities in the Shopping cart is positive.

And indeed I do want the user to be able to see the cart using a show cart button and then be able to alter quantity. But when using an add to cart, I would (of course) like the cart to be updated but not automatically displayed straight-away. Indeed it would, for me, be desirable if they stayed on the same shopping page.

I have seen the sort of effect on http://www.memixdirect.com/acatalog/...swatches.html. I hope they don't mind we quoting them!

Thanks for the help

Steve

Comment

For clarification of my problem :-

After selecting a quantity on the product page and then pressing add to cart;

The quantity gets added correctly

A shopping cart appears and stops (ie doesn't bounce back to the catalogue as I want it to) - this cart screen ALSO has an editable quantity field.

This is almost as if I had been able to select BOTH quantity on product AND quantity on confirmation (but you can't).

Steve

Comment

That MNemix site is opereating as usual with a short bounce delay in the cart before you're returned to the page you came from.

If your site is different could you post a URL so we can see what's happening.

Norman
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Norman,

Thanks for your help. I am running locally at the moment (for speed of development) but unless I come up with some solution in the meantime I shall certainly post a URL when I have the site on-line.

Again thanks

Steve

Comment

Actinic is certainly not behaving as it should. If the section has a shopping mode of 'Quantity on Product Page' then it certainly should work as you want it to (i.e. you are shown a non-editable cart before being grought back to the store page).

You only see the editable shopping cart if you have a shopping mode of 'Quantity in Shopping Cart' or you have clicked 'View Cart Online'.

You will also get it if your 'Bounce Page Delay' in 'Design | Options | Shop Defaults' is set to '0'.

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken
                Actinic is certainly not behaving as it should
                You will also get it if your 'Bounce Page Delay' in 'Design | Options | Shop Defaults' is set to '0'.
                Chris,

I like a supplier who can admit his products faults - and then in almost the next breath - explain to me that I have caused the problem myself. Actinic WAD (working as designed).

I was using a bounce delay of zero - thinking what a clever boy then! - setting it to one - and all works as we all knew (all along) that it should.

Thanks very much

Steve

Comment

Working...
                X