Problem updating website : Actinic crashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem updating website : Actinic crashes

Is there a manual way to upload my changes to my website as Actinic has started crashing when doing so.

It starts going through checking all the sections etc but crashes before it begins uploading. It think it might be due to the fact that i have so many sections because each product now has its own section so i could make a seperate template for the page fo search engines to latch onto.

What i would like is if someone could tell me which files to ftp to the server to avoid having to update through actinic.

thanks.
    http://www.irwebonline.com

Hi there.

There is a manual way of uploading, but before you try that, I would recommend going to the Housekeeping Menu, and select Compact databases. I would recommend selecting both The Catalog and Shipping databases, the try an upload to see if that solves the problem.

You can actually upload files manually, but this is no longer a supported option. The problem is is that when you manually FTP the files, the merge script does not run resulting in the search not working.

Hope this helps.
    Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

thanks for the suggestion, still got the same problem though unfortunately. It reaches "checking search indices" then it hangs and shows as not responding under windows task manager. Tried the compacting databses of both the catalog and shipping tables but it didnt solve the problem.

Im not too concerned about the search facility on my site anyway but i do need to get the new products and pages added to my site asap if anyone can help

Comment

Hi there.

Does the network test pass in Advanced | Network setup, if it does not it may provide some clues as to what is happening.

To manually upload, please do the following, but please note this is no longer supported by Actinic, hence before FTPing anything, I would advise making a backup of the acatalog and cgi-bin folders on the webserver, ie download them

Go to Advanced | Generate Scripts and follow the instructions. Then, go to Advanced | Generate Website. You will need to FTP the following from your site folder to the acatalog folder on the webserver:

*.cat files
        *.fil files
        *.js files
        and any new images you have added for the products, (these might not be in the site folder).

Then browse to the SiteHTML folder in the Site folder, and if you know which section has changed you can just upload these pages to the acatalog folder, or else you will need to upload the lot from SiteHTML.

Hope this helps
        Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for the instructions. It passed the networks test. Just going to try removing a few products and see if that works

Comment

Working...
          X