Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping help

Hi all,

Sorry if this has been discussed before cant see to find response which fits my scenario here goes:

I sell kitchen components from small knobs to full kitchens. My shipping is set up as follows:

Worktop samples £2.50 - which I send via royal mail
    All other £10.00 - which is anything else from the store shipped by our manufacturers.
    Free deliver if orders over £300

Problem is delivery always defaults to the lowest value in the table which is £2.50. Because their are two shipping bands the drop down select allows the customer to choose the higher correct shipping band based on what they have purchased. Many customers process their orders with the incorrect lower charge applied to their order resulting in me having to email them to notify them of the error which often results in a cancelled order.

How do I get Actinic to default to the higher shipping value?

go to www.withknobson.com and do a test order if you need to see this in operation

Thanks in advance

John

Hi there.

Please try the following:

Give all the Worktop Samples a weight of 0, then ship by weight, then create a shipping class that has a weight of 0 and a price of 2.50. Make sure that 'Do not allow Excess' is selected.

Now, create another shipping class that has a higher weight value in it, ie 10kg (shouldn't matter too much) give it a price of £10.00. Select take the highest value in the table. You can enter a weight of say 10kg in the Default Weight field to apply to all of your manufacturers stock.

Finally, tick the 'Free over' box, and enter a value of £300.

I hope this helps.
    Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

Working...
    X