Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running Actinic on 2 pc's ?

Hello All,

My store will finally go live some time tonight, I will be using mole end software to keep stock control up to date. I will need to have a pc connected to the Internet 24 / 7 so that the stock is constantly updated, this means copying the entire Actinic software and shop from my Laptop to my Desktop.

This means that I will have to keep the shop up to date on both laptop and desktop and I can forsee a load of admin problems as a result, whatever happens I have to use the Desktop as the stock control server because im not leaving my laptop on for 24 hours per day.

Ideally I would like to use the desktop as my 24 hour stock control machine and my laptop for order management.

Any ideas, opinions...........

Cheers

Mick
    Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Mole End order software can dial up and disconnect your connection as required when checking for orders and uploading new levels.
    Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Thanks George,

I have Broadband so I dont mind leaving it connected permanently and thats really my only option as I wish to get as close to 'real time stock control' as possible, however I feel that I will need the shop to be networked so that both laptop and desktop are updated simultaneously when I process an order from either machine.

Im sure someone else must have done this and im hoping they will read this thread.

Cheers

Mick
      Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Comment

Ok, ive just spoken to technical support and eventually we both agreed that my proposed solution would be a nightmare. I will now use the laptop only as an email server to inform me of new orders and carry out all design / stock / order processing on the desktop.

Cheers

Mick
        Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X