index & brochure pages fail to display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

index & brochure pages fail to display

I made a minor change to the text in the brochure home page and updated. The change did not occur even though during update I was prompted to confirm the overwrite.
    As a work around I deleted the index.html page remotely using dreamweaver ftp. Then I refreshed the site using actinic.
    Everything appeared to upload and again I was prompted to confirm the overwrite of the index.html page which I did.
    However there is still no index.html page in the root directory and hence no way of accessing the pages via www.thenailwarehouse.net
    The catalog part functions but only if you know to enter the complete url for the catalog. Plus if you click ' home' it cant find the home page.
    I cannot see it in the site html folder on my local machine. There is an index.html for the catalog/shop.
    What writes the 'home/brochure' (index.html)page that sits outside the acatalog directory?Is it a script? Could it be corrupt?
    I have imported a site snapshot from a couple of days ago and tried doing a site refresh using that. It does not seem to have made a difference.
    Also actinic has started to not respond intermitently when attempting to upload the site. I'm using xp prof O/S
    What do I need to do get the home/brochure index page back up to the hosting server???
    Located - Sunny Kent
    A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

Hi there

If you are creating your home page within Actinic, in your tree of icons the very top one is a house icon.

If you double click that, so as to display the Page Properties, you need to set the page filenam to index.html.

Also, there is a checkbox 'Use as web site homepage' - this needs to be checked.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Hi yes checked that earlier. No changes were made there since the site was refreshed

Mizz_S
      Located - Sunny Kent

Comment

Ok, would you mind posting up a screenshot of your home page properties for me to have a look at?

Comment

Heres the screen capture
          hope this helps
          Attached Files
          Located - Sunny Kent

Comment

Here is a further screen cap~taken when asked if i wish to overwrite file.

regards

Mizz_S
            Attached Files
            Located - Sunny Kent

Comment

I have found a work around using dreamweaver ftp but I'm not sure why I now need to do this.
              When I took the last screen shot I noticed the file that SiteRoot_index.html is the brochure home page. By manually uploading the page via dreamweaver and renaming it remotely, I managed to get a working homepage!!
              Anyway thanks for your help

I still cant work out why actinic ftp didnt do this automatically as it used to. Any clues?
              Located - Sunny Kent

Comment

My guess is there is a slight problem with your settings in 'Advanced | Network Setup'.

Make sure your Catalog URL is

http://www.thenailwarehouse.net/acatalog/

and your web site URL is

http://www.thenailwarehouse.net/

Comment

Hi there

yes thats what they are already.

thanks for your idea
                  Located - Sunny Kent

Comment

I'm out of ideas.

You can register an email support query at http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm and the email support team will be able to take a closer look at the problem.

Comment

thanks
                      I have already and sent a support snapshot as well. I'm just waiting to hear the diagnosis!!
                      Located - Sunny Kent

Comment

I have been sent a fix by support and everything is fine now! Apparantly I had changed one of the settings and was uploading into the wrong directory d'oh!
                        (I must of done that when I was trying to make the ssl cgi bin see the acatlog directory on the standard one.)

Thanks support!!!!!
                        Located - Sunny Kent

Comment

Working...
                        X