Importing/exporting database files to Actinic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Importing/exporting database files to Actinic

We use a rather obsure uniform inventory database program, but I was wondering what type of file I can export from it to be imported into Actinic to use the stock capability option?

Since we probably won't be able to network the two programs, I could at least do this once daily. We have alot of stock and it's hard to maintain.

Thanks!

Christy

Hi Christy,

If you use a hierarchical import file you only need to get the product reference and quantity in stock out of your external database system to get catalog in line with it. I'm not sure if that is what you are wanting to do though.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Jan,

That sounds very much like what we will need to do. What type of file extension does Actinic use in an import such as this? My manager thought that we would import a flat file instead of a hierarchical type.

I knew I would have to insure that the stock numbers match our inventory database, which will prove to be alot of work since our products repeat themselves in our catalog and I had to "fudge" different variations on the same style #.

Thanks!

Christy

Comment

I think that the extension can be anything you like because you just tell Actinic what file to use, the data inside is comma/tab separated variables, the thing that complicates it is that each type of 'thing' has a different format.

There are examples in the Actinic site directory - or you could export your own catalog to take a look.

To deal with duplicated products I would suggest making a table that maps your own product references to the Actinic ones and then using that to generate the multiple products you have in Actinic - you would also have to think how you wanted to assign stock to duplicated products as well.

You can use a flat file import instead but you have to know the section name for the product - that might work for you because you would only need to know the section name and the product name - you could leave actinic to generate the product references.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
        X