Manually Adding Orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manually Adding Orders

Some of our clients want to be able to take a telephone orders and record the details within Actinic.

This mean they want to add an order manually tthough the orders tab.

Is this possible? If so how is it done ?

Steve Ashdown

At the moment the only way they can do this is online. i.e. they have to pretend to be a customer, add the right items to the cart and go through the checkout procedure.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Ok I imagine this would be ok if you had small volumes of orders to add but where the volumes are large this might present a problem and become a bit of a bind.

Is it at all possible to interface to the access database used by actinic, which presumably has an orders table within it, so that we could produce a small app in VB or such like to add orders taken over the phone or via email?

I would imagine this is possible but I also appreciate the support implications this has.

Many thanks,

Steve

Steve Ashdown

Comment

I'm really hoping that Actinic will address this real soon. If not, perhaps Mole End can look into it. One Stop Order Processing really enhanced Actinic's order processing. Perhaps Jan will consider One Stop Order Taking and One Stop Order Changing.
        Bob Ladden

Comment

It's not something that we would do - it's just too complicated and if it went wrong all sort of nasty things could happen.

If you are getting large numbers of offline orders you could interface Actinic to Sage and then use Sage as the main order processing tools, offline orders could be entered directly into Sage - and it can be multiuser as well.

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

It was worth asking for. I don't think Sage is available in the US, unless they sell the same product as PeachTree.

I would like to be able to add products to an invoice (hint).
            Bob Ladden

Comment

Ah ha! You can sort of add them to your invoice by editing a file exported to RTF format from our Automation or Order Processing tool and then you can record similar details in Actinic as an adjustment (or just do the whole thing as an adjustment - make sure you put in the correct tax settings for the products purchased). This might work as a short term solution.

PS: We are adding multiuser processing and user email to Order Processing ATM.

Cheers,
              Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
              Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
              A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
              Product Mash for Sellerdeck
              Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
              Multichannel order processing
              Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
              X