Global multiple price levels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Global multiple price levels

Is there a way to GLOBALLY offer anyone multiple price levels? For example -
    Q1 $5
    Q2-3 $4.75
    Q4-9 $4.55
    Q10+ $4.51

I've tried creating discount in the business settings but I know now that it only effect discounts for registed buyers

but I know now that it only effect discounts for registed buyers
    This is not true. As long as you have 'Retail' selected in the 'Schedule' column, then the discount will apply to all non-registered customers.

You then have to go on and create more rows for the multiple price levels for your registered (trade) customers.

Comment

Discounts

Perhaps, I'm once again missing something.

If you want to offer retail customers discounts for multiple item purchases how do you globally do it?

I get the impression from your last reply that you enter Retail muliplte times in the Price Schedules section. If that is so, where does the customer know about which discount applies to which quantity ordered.

Help me out here, and describe a scenario to avoid never-ending back and forth answers. Thanks.

Comment

Allan

Please see the attached screenshot. It shows you how to do quantity-based pricing for one product.

It does it for 'Retail' (i.e. all unregistered customers) with the following pricing structure:

Q1 £5
        Q2-3 £4.75
        Q4-9 £4.55
        Q10+ £4.51

It then does the same for 'Trade' customers - who get a 20% discount on all prices.

You have to do this individually for each product in the store.
        Attached Files

Comment

Multiple price levels

Once again we are either at cross purposes or the Actinic v6 business software is defective.

When I say global, I'm talking about adding a price schedule to the whole web and not to each individual item.

The picture you sent represents one item but you don't say it it was automatically generated or created one at a time.

As I believe that it was generated automatically I du;icated your effort and examined my item fields and found the same information. This is where I was because I originally wrote to the group.

When publsihed, only the one retail price is displayed. If that is correct, and in fact it doesn't become obvious that a discount is applied until part way through the purchase process, how does the customer know that there is a discount?

Please answer fully.

Comment

When I say global, I'm talking about adding a price schedule to the whole web and not to each individual item.
            So are you looking to add quantity-dependent pricing to the entire store just by editing a single setting in one place? This is not possible. You must create the quantity-based pricing rows (as shown in the screenshot) for each individual product in the store seperately.
            When publsihed, only the one retail price is displayed
            If you set up a product the same as the in the screenshot I gave you, the product prices will appear as follows in the preview:
            Price: (1 item) £5.00 (Excluding: VAT at 17.5%)
            Price: (2 to 3 items) £4.75 (Excluding: VAT at 17.5%)
            Price: (4 to 9 items) £4.55 (Excluding: VAT at 17.5%)
            Price: (10 or more items) £4.51 (Excluding: VAT at 17.5%)
            I don't know what else to add really.

I would like to clarify one thing. I have never fully understood whether you are creating quantity-based prices for everyone, or only for customers that log into the store with a username and password. Could you clarify that for me please?

Comment

Quantity discounts

Maybe two countries seperated by a common langugar

I was looking to make one change in the settings so that all retail customers would see quantity based discounts without logging into anything.

While making these change id doable for 50 items, its not for 5,000.

Any chance of a third party solution?

Comment

Thanks for the clarification Allan - I understand this now.

There is no third-party application I know of for adding in the quantity-break pricing rows in for products. You will have to create the quantity-based pricing rows individually for each product in the store that needs them. Sorry about that.

You find it easier to import quantity-based pricing rows via a hierarchical import file (which brings us full circle back to your original point).

If you manually create quantity-based pricing rows for a few products, you can then do a 'File | Export' to generate the hierarchical file. Open the file in Excel and see how Actinic produces multiple 'Price' rows underneath each 'Product' row in the store in order to generate the quantity-based prices.

Comment

Working...
                X