Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accurate Shipping by County/Postcode

Hi,

I am pitching for a job with a new client who wants to sell fireworks online. As you cant use standard couriers to deliver the item (try finding a courier with insurance that covers them for keeping explosives on their premises overnight!) they will be delivering the products themselves.

Is there a way to calculate the delivery cost by either postcode (ideal) or by county (next best thing)? Could you even subcatagorise the counties by central/north/south/east/west to make it more accurate?

Any help would be much appreciated! They want a price by the end of the week and I dont want to start offering things that arent possible!

Cheers
    Charles

Charles

You can't do by post-code I'm afraid, but you can do it by county. Go to 'Advanced | Locations' and click on 'United Kingdom' in the list. Then click the '+' in the top-left of the 'States/Provinces' grid and start adding counties to the grid.

You can then group these counties within appropriate shipping zones in 'Business Settings | Shipping and Handling'. I'm guessing you can potentially put a number of counties in the same shipping zone (with the same classes of shipping).

Comment

Working...
    X