problem when refreshed site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problem when refreshed site

I had a problem with the pay by protx page not going to protx but causing a time out.

I tried to refresh but got a lot of errors.

Then deleted by ftp all files in the acatalog and cgi-bin directories on the server

Refreshed the site which went though ok untill final merging of files when it came up with a window

"Business" the actinic directory on the web site is not readable

Permissions are not readable

Change permissions on the acatalog directory on the web host

Acatalog shows drwx
    gci-bin show drwx
    index shows -rwx

Have just run a test through the site and it appears to work ok and goes to protx

tried to refresh and also update and it gives out the same message again.

Please help

Chris Ashdown

Sorted

whatever the bug was. I had to get the server totaly cleared and refreshed and then tried refresh again and it workwed. only wasted 8 hours

Chris Ashdown

Comment

Hi Chris,

I don't know if it had anything to do with your problem, but Protx has had a problem, last night around 9ish and today around lunchtime. They had a problem with one of their banks which had a knock on affect on everything.

I called them this afternoon as we were having a lot of customers with problems at the payment stages. They said the problem had been rectified but the system could still be slow until friday this week.

They said that payment would go through but patience could be needed.

Hope you didn't do all that deleting and refreshing for nothing - would have been nice to have had an email from Protx!

Comment

Thanks for that Gill, as you say a email would not have gone amiss.

On this point I had a Preauthorised payment refused by the Bank when I applied to get the payment with Protx. I thought the pre auth ment the payment was OK and would be met.

Contacted Protx by email but nothing back so far, maybe something to do with their troubles
        Chris Ashdown

Comment

Working...
        X