X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Netscape 7 not showing gifs

Upgraded to 6.1.4.000.DNNA
    From 6.0
    Using netscape Actinic popup page and cart cannot now find and/or display gifs, (update, continue shopping etc), neither do scroll bars appear at window side. All works fine in IExplore so presume paths and files are ok and present.
    Otherwise working site now only half hearted. help?

Hi there

Please could you provide us with the url for your shop, so we can test it

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

The url is www.printsgb.com

Comment

Hi Paul

Just checked http://www.printsgb.com/acatalog/, and the gif files along the top appear fine.

I have checked with Netscape 7 and Mozilla and they are displaying fine

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Please try 'adding to cart', it fails on my Netscape at this point.

Thanks for the input

Paul

Comment

Hi there

When adding "Los Caballos" to the cart, all gif files at the bottom appear fine, also placed a dummy order:
            Reference Number: NTTEST40000015

Edit: Only problem i came up with, is in the popup pages, it does not show the scroll bar, so it hard to navigate to the bottom, unless you keep on pressing "TAB"

Kind Regards
            Nadeem Rasool
            SellerDeck Development

Comment

Curiouser and curiouser, I have tried accessing from a second machine in my office and got the same null gifs etc, it is however, obviously reassuring that the rest of the world if not one other machine is able to see it properly. The order came plinging through fine. Have just tried again on alternative machine and still no gifs. Will try again later from different dialup. In the meantime v. puzzled.

Thanks again

Paul

Re scroll bars I know and I don't know how to get them to appear, any help on this which is part of my query to support would be equally appreciated.

Comment

Nadeem Rasool

thanks for all your input - did you see my edit re -scroll bars, can you help?

Paul

Comment

Hi there

Your problem with scrollbars is because the links from the home page (e.g. from http://www.printsgb.com/pac/_pgb-pac-home.htm) open up the page in a pop-up window which is designed to have no scrollbars. These popups are defined by your .js files that bring in the lists of titles and images. They are defined with 'scrollbars=no' somewhere in the JavaScript code.

To make Actinic appear with scrollbars you need to either

1) Change your Javascript code so that the function that launches the pop-up window has 'scrollbars=yes'

2) Add 'target="blank" ' to any hyperlink in your site that launches the Actinic store. This will open the store in a new window (with scrollbars).

Comment

Thanks everyone for your help on this, my final analysis is that it is just Netscape that is flaky, Scrollbars=yes has been a feature since I started coding the pages. I am accessing actinic by jumping straight to the product html page and not going through the front door of the store, this means that actinic is called into an already opened window.
                    I have two machines on my desk freshly installed with Netscape 7.1, one with XPpro, one with Win95, Machine 1 sometimes shows the scroll bars, machine 2 doesn't want too at all. I prefer Netscape (searching google straight from the URL slot for one thing) to IExplorer, mercifully most people use IE so some people will just have to tab through actinic if the wind is blowing from the East. If I find out why scroll bars are flaky I will pass it on.
                    Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                    X