Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing Actinic Business on New Machine

Need some advice...
    I'm running Business 6.1.3 on my trusty PC, Roxanne, on Windows 2000 Pro.

Roxanne (yes, I name my computers) is being upgraded to Windows XP on Friday.

Here's my question(s):
    Should I upgrade to Business 6.1.4 on the current operating system BEFORE I do my backups and snapshots (two sites), and then install a clean copy of the full Business 6.1.4 on the new operating system?

Or, should I do my backups and snapshots, not worry about the 6.1.4 patch on the current OS, install 6.1.4 on the new OS and import the old snapshots.

I guess what I really want to know is this: Will I be creating huge problems if I'm not going from a 6.1.4 to 6.1.4 site? Or will I be wasting time doing the upgrade on the current OS, since I'm wiping the machine anyway?

ANY advice would be helpful. And if you have specifics on making the conversion from one machine to another (old trusty Roxy to the new improved Roxy) headache-minimal, I'd be most grateful.

Oh, did I mention that one of the sites has more than 40,000 unique products? Will that make a difference? What problems should I be prepared to face?

Thanks again..... -B

Hi Beth

I would suggest in backing up your site first.
    Keep the pc running 6.1.3 for the time being

When you have upgraded the OS to Windows XP, simply install a new version of 6.1.4, then import the snapshot which will update your site to 6.1.4

This would be the best solution.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Installing Actinic Business on New Machine

Nadeem-
      Thanks. That's exactly the answer I was hoping for.

I'm off now to back up my sites, export snapshots, burn all that to CDs, and start on the upgrade.

-Beth

Comment

Working...
      X