Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to make product name clickable?

Hi there,
    I have been playing around with this and have come close but not ideal yet.

I have this compact product template (attached) and would like to make the product name clickable so that when it is clicked it would bring up the extra info window, where I could put the description and picture etc.

Ideally I would like it to act just like the normal extra info button/text, including opening the new window to the set size in the product properties etc.

I had managed to simply include the extra info button but to save space and keep a clean layout would prefer just the link on the product name.

Any help appreciated, hope you understand what I'm going on about, had to rush this a bit.

Simon
    Attached Files

If you are doing this throughout your store it could be done.

In Design / Text / Phase -1, ID 1192, delete the "</A>".

Use the following template for the products that use popup links.

In Product Details / Extended Info, check Text Link but leave the Link Text empty.
    Code:
    NETQUOTEVAR:ENDSEPARATOR 
    NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTFORMBEGIN
     <tr> 
        <td colspan="3">
          <table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
            <tr> 
              <td width="270">NETQUOTEVAR:EXTINFOLINKNETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTNAME</a></td>
              <td align="right" width="215">NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTPRICE</td>
              <td align="right">NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTQUANTITY</td>
              <td align="right">NETQUOTEVAR:ADDTOCARTBUTTON</td>
            </tr>
          </table>
        </td>
      </tr>
    NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTFORMEND
    NETQUOTEVAR:NEXT
    Norman

PS You've removed <a name="NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTANCHOR"> (and it's corresponding </A>). This is used in the Search Results to take customers to the actual product they click on. It might be worth re-instating that (but wrapping it arount NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTPRICE rather than PRODUCTNAME.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks Norman,
      That was actually one of the methods I tried but it didn't work.

This is because I didn't know about the </a> in i.d 1192
      (as you know with it in place it places an </a> before the product name thus ending the link before the name.

I deleted this </a> and of course as you know it worked a treat.
      I had to add a border of 0 to my second image placeholders as it surrounded them in thick borders but thats sorted now.

I was bitten by the bug and decided to add the same method to my other product templates. Now on any product that has ext info that I would like the name to be clickable I simply have to tick the ext info text box and leave the name blank - easy.

I have also added that product anchor as suggested (thank you for that).

The template was actually a slightly modified version of one that someone (maybe yourself) made for a fellow actinic user.

How and where did you find details of the i.d 1192 as little things like this could save me troubling you in the future.

All the best

Simon

Comment

How and where did you find details of the i.d 1192 as little things like this could save me troubling you in the future.
        Four years of poking around did it - also I searched for "popup" and it was the next item. You can also find quite a lot of help in the Advanced Guide but I guess you've got that.

Norman
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Just goes to show that you can't buy experience.

Over my short time of using Actinic, I have realised that pretty much anything is possible and all the settings are there - somewhere.
          All it takes is a bit of patience/knowledge/help/trial & error or Norman.

It would be handy if there was a guide to tell us what all those i.d's are for as they are obviously very handy but it is very difficult to understand what does what.

Some of it is pretty obvious but the main tab that gets me is the:

I would guess that the Actinic developers have a list of there uses, would it be possible to pass it down to us?

Many thanks

Simon

Comment

All the prompts in the 'Design | Text | Web Site | HTML' tab are described in depth at the end of the Advanced Users Guide.

Comment

Blimey that was quick, even updated my copy as well.
              Only joking.

Thanks for pointing that out Chris, never really noticed them tucked away down there. Could be useful indeed.

Going that far down in the guide has reminded me of the problem I have regarding setting up as astandalone copy.
              I'll post a seperate thread about this in mo.

Thanks
              Simon

Comment

Working...
              X