2 Shipping schemes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 Shipping schemes?

I have a client who wants to have two separate shipping schemes. The one currently in use is based on price and goes up depending on the order value. The client now wants to sell tickets which are priced between £2 and £29 and charge a single flat rate shipping charge of £1 for each ticket. How would I go about achieving this, please?

The first way that comes to mind is to use weight based shipping.

For those products that use the old method set their "weight" to their value. Use a table of weight based shipping charges just like you had for the value based ones. Have zero shipping cost for zero weight.

For the £1 shipping charge included products set their weight to 0 and add the pound to the product price.

Norman

p.s. There may be other ways to achieve this. If anyone knows a better one please contribute.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Sounds about right. The only other thing you can do is add a component with a cost of £1.00 to the ticket products if you want the product and shipping to appear separated out in the shopping cart.

Comment

Thanks, this does seem to have solved the problem, although when adding a 'booking fee' component it doesn't appear in the checkout. I 'd better check the manual. Cheers.

Comment

Useful forum isn't it. Chris added the final touch to my off the cuff solution.

Norman
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
          X