Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repositioning Brochure Titles

Hi

I'm feeling pretty dim this afternoon and wondering if anyone can help me out with this.

I want to move the brochure title out of the main content area of the brochure and into a title bar of its own. I'm trying to do this by moving the BROCHURE_TITLE NETQUOTEVAR out of the brochure fragment and into the main Act_BrochurePrimary template.

I think I remember being told that you cannot display Netquotevar's in the brochure templates - so I guess this is why it's not working. So does anyone know how to achieve this?

If you look at the link to the work in progress you'll see what I'm trying to achieve:

http://www.integrity.maxim-i.co.uk

I want the 'Welcome to Integrity Services' fragment title to appear in the orange bar that is displaying the NETQUOTEVAR text at the moment.

Thanks in advance.
    Anthony Deeming

Green Jersey Web Design Ltd
    www.greenjersey.com

A good try

I suggest you use custom properties for these values. Go to 'Advanced | Custom Properties' and create a new custpo properly called something like 'Page Title'.

Now go to 'Design | Options | Site Defaults' and click the '+' to add a new row to the 'Properties' grid. Select 'Page Title' and enter a value of whatever you want the message to be.

Then edit Act_BrochurePrimary.html and use CUSTOMVAR:PAGE_TITLE instead of NETQUOTEVAR:BROCHURE_TITLE.

Comment

Excellent, Chris.

I now remember you showing me how to use these on the course last August, but hadn't found a reason to use them until now.

Anyway it works and it's easy to implement. Now to put more CUSTOMVARS into action!

Cheers

Anthony
      Anthony Deeming

Green Jersey Web Design Ltd
      www.greenjersey.com

Comment

Working...
      X