Allocating standard prices...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allocating standard prices...

I've been fiddling with the CUSTOMVAR:CUSTOM_VAR custom properties, and I am trying to set-up a standard pricing model where goods can only be price A (£1), price B (£2), or price C (£3).

I intend to have a huge number of goods for sale, and simply want to create a sort of product template where I simply enter CUSTOMVAR:PRICE_A in the 'price' field associated with a product, rather than manually having to type in the price each time. (Doing this actually causes the price to be £0.00, so the price is not shown on the product line.)

The reason I want to do this is so that if I increase my prices at any time, I don't have to revisit every single product and re-enter the price; I want to simply change the CUSTOMVAR:PRICE_A to the new amount and let this 'ripple' throughout all the products already set to 'PRICE_A'.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Prices can only be stored in the 'Price' field of a product I'm afraid, and not in a custom property field.

In order to do something similar to that which you describe, I would suggest opening up the ActinicCatalog.mdb file in your 'Site1' folder in Microsoft Access, and then going into the 'Product' table and doing a Find & Replace on your 'Price' field to do mass substitutions of prices.

Do take a backup of your data before doing this.

Comment

Working...
    X