Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible attack on site??

Hi

On downloading my first order today I received a message advising that certain files had been changed on the site and that this "may be an attempt to compromise the site". The files in question were indicated as being:

oldtext.fil
    oldprice.fil
    oldprod.fil
    oldaccount.fil
    oldbuyer.fil
    oldaddress.fil

I had made a change in layout to my Act_primary template yesterday but have never seen this error previously.

Also today the email address from the site was hijacked and used to send out a pseudo 'virus warning' claiming to be from my 'administration' and urging the recipient to read a "password protected" attachment which I assume contained a virus. Am I getting paranoid in thinking these two items may be connected?

Perhaps someone could advise on the relevance of the changed files above and any coments on attempted site compromises and/or email hijacks will be appreciated.

Regards

Charles Kelly
    www.simplysuperbgifts.com

It's not likely the two are connected. The e-mail is one I get several times a day.

There may be a problem with your files. Try a site refresh. I doubt a hacker would have done anything. Usually if you get hacked, it is very obvious.

But it would not be a bad idea to change your passwords.
    Bob Ladden

Comment

Thanks Bob for your response. Have refreshed it and the site seems OK.

Regards

Charles

Comment

Working...
      X