X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Info Text Box - Need 2 of them

Hi everyone,

I am using Clean Layout #4.

I need 2 Other Info Text Boxes - one for greeting card to be included and one for engraving on a bronze plaque. If more than 2 can be done, this would be even better

Can this be done?

Thanks,
    Bonnie
    www.bonnies-gift-shop.com
    Unique Gifts & Home Decor
    Retail/Wholesale/Drop Shipping
    www.bonniesgifts.com
    Gift Baskets Gift Ideas Unique Gifts
    Retail/Drop Shipping

See www.rouxel.cwc.net/actinicstuff.html for my Multi Other Info Prompt extension.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Other Info Text Box - Need 2 of them

Originally posted by NormanRouxel
      See www.rouxel.cwc.net/actinicstuff.html for my Multi Other Info Prompt extension.

Norman
      Hi Norman,

Checked the information. However, regarding: The "|" char is the one on the bottom left of most keyboards (not the one on some keybords top left). I don't seem to have one of these characters anywhere on my keyboard. In fact, I have 2 keyboards and neither one has that character.

Any suggestions?

I have on the left side of keyboard under Backspace key: \} { ] [
      and a / on left side to the left of the Shift key.

Never did a patch before, so I may be getting back to you

Thanks for all your help Norman,
      Bonnie
      www.bonniesgifts.com
      Retail/Drop Shipping

Comment

I'm in the UK and have 3 keyboards on my desk. On both full size keyboards the "|" character is on the key to the left of "Z". On my laptop it's still on the bottom row but this time on the far right, just before the shift key.

Anyway the reference to that "|" is just a footnote. It's highly unlikely that you customers would need such a character in any messages they would be typing.

Please take great care (and backup any files you are changing) as these patches are quite complex and involve changes to the Perl scripts that control the Actinic Cart and Checkout. The slightest mistake there and you could stop your site working.

Norman.

Comment

other info tex box - need 2 of them

Hi Norman

I'm in the US and I don't have one of this - I can't type it because I don't have it on my keyboard.

Thanks for the info, but I'm not that experienced with Actinic so I'll have to try to come up with another way.

If anyone else has any alternative methods than what Norman proposed above, please let me know.

Thanks
          Bonnie
          www.bonniesgifts.com
          Retail/Drop Shipping

Comment

Re that "|" character. You don't need to type it. You could copy and paste from my readme (or this post).

For implementing the readme that the best way to do these patches as it cuts out spelling errors, typos, etc.

This is quite a complex patch so you may be best getting a techy friend to help you with it.

Norman

PS This "|" is a standard character and I'm amazed that it isn't available to you. I found an US keyboard here and it's on the right hand Qwerty bit above the Enter Key and below the Backspace. The other character on that key is "\".

Comment

What you could also do is hold down the <ALT> key on your keyboard, and with it still held down, type 124 on your numeric keypad.

Release the <ALT> key and then hey presto, you should have the correct symbol.

This works for any ASCII code

Comment

other info text box - need 2 of them

Originally posted by taliesyn
                What you could also do is hold down the <ALT> key on your keyboard, and with it still held down, type 124 on your numeric keypad.

Release the <ALT> key and then hey presto, you should have the correct symbol.

This works for any ASCII code
                Hi Taliesyn

I tried this. I get the correct symbol (but it is blinking), and typed some letters. When I type, the symbol disappears.\

Any other suggestions?
                Bonnie
                www.bonniesgifts.com
                Retail/Drop Shipping

Comment

The | character

Boy, do I feel dumb!!!!!

I never tried the key. I just looked at it and it looks like 2 straight vertical dashes. But it's not. It is the corrrect symbol, right above the "\" key!

I've been working with computers for over 7 years and believe it or not have never had the need to use that key

I am very sorry for causing so much trouble with this.

Bonnie
                  www.bonniesgifts.com
                  Retail/Drop Shipping

Comment

Now if only you'd used DOS or Unix. That's the "pipe" symbol - used for sending the output of one program into another. And yes, most keyboards confusingly show it broken.

Norman

Comment

Working...
                    X