Linking to an external file with the navigator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linking to an external file with the navigator

I am trying to figure out how i can link to an external file through my custom navigator, much like the template manager opens notepad to edit templates.

So far i have worked out that hard coded href's do not work when laying out the hotspots on my navigator. Following this i then realised that actinics template manager uses 'placeholders' for want of a better word, to tell actinic to open notepad. The one it uses is href="TEMPLATE filename.html". This placeholder works in the navigator i have built and obviously will only open my file in notepad.

Basically what i would like to know is: Is there a way of editing the placeholders so that actinic opens another program such as access or excel or if a placeholder already exists. If so where and how.

Thanks in advance,

Nick
    Nick Smith
    Web Developer
    extrinsica Limited

Hi there

I'm really chuffed you want to use the navigator so well, but unfortunately there is no way to open other applications other than what you describe. I.e. change the default template editor to Excel (or something) and then open files with a command like:

TEMPLATE="file.xls"

The template editor is changed by clicking the 'Editor' button in the grey template manager (click 'Change View' if you are looking at the blue and white template navigator).

Comment

Thanks

Hi Chris,

Thanks very much for your reply. Was losing hope

Nick
      Nick Smith
      Web Developer
      extrinsica Limited

Comment

Working...
      X